- 592 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Climax Springs, Mo
- Points: 26
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicPulled Porktagged by TulsaJeff, 9/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- Need advice Last post on 2/4/14 at 5:49am in Roll Call
- Butt smoke for U of M and OSU game Last post on 11/30/13 at 1:20pm in Pork
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- New MES 30 and a 8lb pork butt. Last post on 11/26/13 at 8:13am in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
Bought this at Menards after returning a Traeger Texan to Costco. The Pitt Boss is a little smaller, has the broiler feature, has a upper cooking rack, has a shelf under the cook chamber is $400...
Unless you are cooking for 1 or 2, don't get this as your main grill/smoker. On the other hand, if you already have a larger grill/smoker that you use for big cooks and want something to use for...
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
Pull pork drip panpost #1 of 69/14/13 at 8:46amThread StarterDoing my first pulled pork in the MES40 today. I was plan to use a drip pan under it while smoking until reaches 165 IT. Would it be ok to add onions, garlic, apple juice, and a shot of American honey whiskey to drip pan and then when I foil just add the butt to that pan?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 69/14/13 at 8:53amThread Starterpost #3 of 69/14/13 at 9:40am
Just seen this. I just put the butt in a pan . (Easy clean up in the smoker) and catches all the juice. I never have added anything to the pan. Just defat the juice before adding it back to the pulled pork.
you can add what every you want to the pan for extra flavor.
I would start with just the onions ,garlic in the pan to take on some smoke then add the Juice after an hour or so.post #4 of 69/14/13 at 9:47amThread Starterpost #5 of 69/14/13 at 10:08amThread Starter
- Pull pork drip pan
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Hawg Heaven Rub
- › Venison Bologna !! 9 minutes ago
- › Trying some biltong. 16 minutes ago
- › Pork Butt - Just relax and let the smoker and pork butt do its thang 18 minutes ago
- › Chipotle time 18 minutes ago
- › Was Running Low !! 22 minutes ago
- › Stocking up on pork butts! 40 minutes ago
- › My Wood and Concrete Block Smokehouse build 46 minutes ago
- › Cheese Smoke 54 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide Country Style Ribs (Grill to Finish) 55 minutes ago
- › Chicken Philly Cheesesteak 55 minutes ago
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by tbdomenz
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › "Uncured" hot dogs, bacons
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients