- 592 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Climax Springs, Mo
- Points: 26
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicPulled Porktagged by TulsaJeff, 9/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- Need advice Last post on 2/4/14 at 5:49am in Roll Call
- Butt smoke for U of M and OSU game Last post on 11/30/13 at 1:20pm in Pork
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- New MES 30 and a 8lb pork butt. Last post on 11/26/13 at 8:13am in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
Our three year old Traeger developed huge rust spots inside and out despite careful maintenance. It was always covered when not in use and stored inside for the winter. Paint peeled in big sheets...
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
Pull pork drip panpost #1 of 69/14/13 at 8:46amThread StarterDoing my first pulled pork in the MES40 today. I was plan to use a drip pan under it while smoking until reaches 165 IT. Would it be ok to add onions, garlic, apple juice, and a shot of American honey whiskey to drip pan and then when I foil just add the butt to that pan?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 69/14/13 at 8:53amThread Starterpost #3 of 69/14/13 at 9:40am
Just seen this. I just put the butt in a pan . (Easy clean up in the smoker) and catches all the juice. I never have added anything to the pan. Just defat the juice before adding it back to the pulled pork.
you can add what every you want to the pan for extra flavor.
I would start with just the onions ,garlic in the pan to take on some smoke then add the Juice after an hour or so.post #4 of 69/14/13 at 9:47amThread Starterpost #5 of 69/14/13 at 10:08amThread Starter
- Pull pork drip pan
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Hawg Heaven Rub
- › Pecan grilled chicken legs 10 minutes ago
- › Spritz or liquid for brisket? 11 minutes ago
- › Super Tender Sous Vide CSRs (Finished on the Grill) 15 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide "London broil" 16 minutes ago
- › Simple double cheeseburger 18 minutes ago
- › Vacuum packing meat for curing 19 minutes ago
- › 1st chicken legs and pork loin too 21 minutes ago
- › Smoked Catfish Cakes 23 minutes ago
- › First post - Smoked Tilapia 25 minutes ago
- › New Dyna-Glo vertical offset smoker 34 minutes ago
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS