- 592 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Climax Springs, Mo
- Points: 26
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicPulled Porktagged by TulsaJeff, 9/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- Need advice Last post on 2/4/14 at 5:49am in Roll Call
- Butt smoke for U of M and OSU game Last post on 11/30/13 at 1:20pm in Pork
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- New MES 30 and a 8lb pork butt. Last post on 11/26/13 at 8:13am in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
Pull pork drip panpost #1 of 69/14/13 at 8:46amThread StarterDoing my first pulled pork in the MES40 today. I was plan to use a drip pan under it while smoking until reaches 165 IT. Would it be ok to add onions, garlic, apple juice, and a shot of American honey whiskey to drip pan and then when I foil just add the butt to that pan?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 69/14/13 at 8:53amThread Starterpost #3 of 69/14/13 at 9:40am
Just seen this. I just put the butt in a pan . (Easy clean up in the smoker) and catches all the juice. I never have added anything to the pan. Just defat the juice before adding it back to the pulled pork.
you can add what every you want to the pan for extra flavor.
I would start with just the onions ,garlic in the pan to take on some smoke then add the Juice after an hour or so.post #4 of 69/14/13 at 9:47amThread Starterpost #5 of 69/14/13 at 10:08amThread Starter
- Pull pork drip pan
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Hawg Heaven Rub
- › Hello all you Meat Smokers out there! 26 minutes ago
- › No Wrap Ribs 48 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 40" digital electric smoker, model G2ESU40BSW 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Smoking for Two - How do you handle small batches? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Large Cook Advice 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Beef Tenderloin Butt ~ Foamheart 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Meat Curing Chamber Question 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Umai Dry Curing question 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › 2" Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Pork Chop Duo! 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt ThermoTemp XL - model 20051316 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ