Realizing my Masterbuilt Pro was at the end of its life I decided to give a UDS build a try. I started with ball valve vents but didn't like so I fabricated some pivoting bottom vents. I paid 18 a piece for three 22.5 grates and simply used nuts and bolts for rack hangers. I seasoned with a couple good empty burns then I gave it a test run at work yesterday (built it in my truck repair shop) and had great results. After yesterdays success I decided to load it up with 5 butts today (on sale for $1.50 a pound) and try a major smoke. This is just a prototype to see how it worked out since I have never used a UDS before. Soon I'll build a really nice one with vents and handles salvaged from the Masterbuilt.