Well I decided I should smoke some more food to try & finish seasoning my MES 30 I figured a butt, ribs, & a fatty would be a good combination to go with. I put the butt in last night planning for it to be done right before I put the ribs on & it worked perfect Pics to come soon - I have to pull the butt out & get the ribs in...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicSausage Fattytagged by Smoking B, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Super game food. Last post on 2/2/14 at 4:40pm in General Discussion
- IT of fatty Last post on 12/9/13 at 2:13am in Fatties
- A Fatty, Beef Ribs, and a couple ABTs Last post on 11/17/13 at 7:40pm in General Discussion
- First fatties Last post on 11/19/13 at 11:47am in Fatties
- First Fatty (w/ Q-View) Last post on 10/15/13 at 6:03pm in Fatties
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Eating good today! Pork Butt, Ribs, Fatty, Salt & Ice Cream Stuff...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Ok here is the butt.
Rub on & ready to go in the MES. Smoker temp 225 AMNPS with Pitmaster's Choice pellets.
Salt ready to go in at the same time.
Done & right before I took it out. It is now wrapped & resting in a cooler.
Next item - ribs
Well for some reason I didn't take a pic of the ribs before I cut them I'll go ahead & blame that on not having my morning caffeine yet But here they are with the rub & ready to go in the MES...
& in they go... Gonna do a 3-2-1 with these. Smoker temp 225 AMNPS running oak pellets this time.
The salt is starting to get some good color. It will stay in for this smoke as well.
Now I need to make some sausage for the fatty & get some salmon ready to smoke later too
Updates to follow...
It's another one of my old snacks from back when I was going to school - once everything is done I will show it - it should be ready by then
Ok now for the fatty.
Here is the butt that gave part of itself for this project.
Cut up & ready to grind.
I took 1 lb out to make the sausage for the fatty. The rest will get used for fresh sausage & probably Linguica - I need to decide soon
Spices added & mixed in - the sausage is ready to go...
Ready to start the fatty.
Part way through construction. I decided to make another pizza fatty - they're my favorite fatty So far there is provolone cheese, mushrooms, Virginia baked ham & some of my homemade sauce.
Then I added pepperoni, mozzarella & a few spices.
Wrapped & ready for the weave.
Blanket of goodness
Wrapped & ready to go - it is in the smoker now.
Updates to follow...
Ok ribs almost done - time to get out the butt.
Some great bark on this! Nice & moist & just plain yumm
Now to grab the ribs...
Just pulled out & ready to glaze.
Glazed & about to be cut.
Ready to eat.
These ribs really made me smile. Turns out they were happy too - both the bones on the right are smiling!
& now it is time to grab the fatty
& here it is
I left the fatty cool down for a few minutes before I cut it & grabbed the salt in the meantime.
It really turned out good too - very nice smoke flavor
Salt put in a glass jar & added to my collection of smoked salts
& now it is time to slice the fatty...
RANDOM WALNUT! RANDOM WALNUT!!
& here's a view of the guts
I love these things!
Ok the only thing left is the dessert - ice cream stuff! I will post it in a bit - I have some salmon to tend to & some sausage as well
I use coarse sea salt so it doesn't fall through my screen - usually Del Destino Mediterranean from Italy but this time I tried La Baleine from France...
Thanks man! Out of all the fatties I've made a pizza fatty like that is my favorite - they are great!
It is nice & rich & smooth - not grainy at all.
I learned to make it because it doesn't require an ice cream machine & is very simple.
Only 2 things needed for the basic version but you can add whatever you want... Ice cream stuff
Everything looks tasty Jeremy! We have a couple ice cream balls that we keep in the camper for making ice cream or the occasional adult frozen beverage. Kids kick them around the campground for 15 minutes and there you have it, Ice cream!
Thanks Case I've seen those balls for sale before but never knew how effective they were - do they work pretty good?
- Eating good today! Pork Butt, Ribs, Fatty, Salt & Ice Cream Stuff...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Vegetarian Pulled Pork 14 minutes ago
- › I Started a Smoke House! 14 minutes ago
- › Debunking Beer Can Chicken 16 minutes ago
- › 13lbs of Beef Tenderloin 18 minutes ago
- › Water pan -- Use it or not? Why or Why not? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › It's bacon!! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Shirley Fab 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Pellet smoke not as strong as natural wood 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Dirtsailor's Mega Mother of all Cooking links index 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Moved up, to Smoke Hollow 44 inch...with pictures 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona