Recent Images In This Thread
- topicMini Wsmtagged by rabbithutch, 10/30/13
- productWeber 10020 Smokey Joe Silver Charcoal Grill, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Water versus Sand in the WSM? Last post on 1/30/16 at 5:25pm in Pork
- New to smoke, Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain or MES Last post on 5/18/16 at 7:05am in Roll Call
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Question about a whole shoulder on WSM 18.5 Last post on 1/25/15 at 4:06pm in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
Mini WSM Finally Done!!!! - Page 4
Poll Results: Is this thing bad to the bone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I started out with no basket on my gold but made one at 3 1/2 inches so it would be below the grate if I used just the SMJ as a grill. I found that I can lay out my charcoal be it briquettes or lump along with my wood chunks much easier for what I am smoking. Also, when I finish I usually have some coals left that can be used in the next smoke so I can pull out the basket, dump the ashes in the bottom of the grill and reuse the coals on top of the grate without having to handle them much.
Hey guys, for those that have their WSM mini's up and runnning. I AM SO CLOSE, but ran into a snag. I have a smokey joe gold, and just got my IMUSA 32 quart tamale steamer all cut out and ready to go..the tamale steamer fits the base of the Smokey Joe Gold PERFECTLY..however the LID of the smokey joe is to SMALL to fit onto the top of the pot. What can I do to make this lid fit???
Any help would be great. Thanks
I had to tweak mine also. I put it upside down on a flat surface (couple of short 2X4's) and gently tapped on the outside of the rim all the way around, with a light hammer and short piece of wood. I then put the Smokey Joe lid on and discovered that it was too tight. By gently tapping on the lid with a rubber mallet and my palm I was able to force it on. I took the lid off and turned it several times tapping it on each time so I would get a perfect round fit. Just remember to be gentle because it doesn't take too much to change the size. I know there are other ways to do this so you might wait until others post on this site to make a decision.
So...you tapped the WEBER LID on each time? and that shaped the outer lip of the pot?? I was thinking of laying the pot on it's side with the outer lip on a hard surface and then hitting down on the inner edge as I turned the pot to compress the outer ring/lip a bit. Right now there's no way the lid would "tap" on...it's about a1/4" smaller than the pot
I'm sorry, mine was too small for the smokey joe gold lid so I gave you the wrong instructions. Yes you can put it on a flat surface and tap on the rim but you'll have some indentations on the pot. The IMUSA lid will be more perfectly round than the pot rim so see if it fits into the smokey joe lid. If it fits then use it as a template when you alter the pot rim. If it is too small or too large you will be able to see how much you need to change the rim. You might be able to use a rubber mallet to avoid indentations. Remember the pot is thin aluminum and very soft so tap gently.
- Mini WSM Finally Done!!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Question on liquid during cursing period 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › My First Smoker Build, Please help 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Smoking newb with a Masterbuilt 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Ole Hickory CTO 2014 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Deer Summer Sausage 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › JarJar Mini (Jumbo ) Build w/Pics 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › 12 racks of goodness 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Brittle! 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Baffle advice 3 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Addicted in Houston, TX 3 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma