Recent Images In This Thread
- topicMini Wsmtagged by rabbithutch, 10/30/13
- productWeber 10020 Smokey Joe Silver Charcoal Grill, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Water versus Sand in the WSM? Last post on 1/30/16 at 5:25pm in Pork
- New to smoke, Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain or MES Last post on 5/18/16 at 7:05am in Roll Call
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Question about a whole shoulder on WSM 18.5 Last post on 1/25/15 at 4:06pm in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Mini WSM Finally Done!!!! - Page 4
Poll Results: Is this thing bad to the bone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I started out with no basket on my gold but made one at 3 1/2 inches so it would be below the grate if I used just the SMJ as a grill. I found that I can lay out my charcoal be it briquettes or lump along with my wood chunks much easier for what I am smoking. Also, when I finish I usually have some coals left that can be used in the next smoke so I can pull out the basket, dump the ashes in the bottom of the grill and reuse the coals on top of the grate without having to handle them much.
Hey guys, for those that have their WSM mini's up and runnning. I AM SO CLOSE, but ran into a snag. I have a smokey joe gold, and just got my IMUSA 32 quart tamale steamer all cut out and ready to go..the tamale steamer fits the base of the Smokey Joe Gold PERFECTLY..however the LID of the smokey joe is to SMALL to fit onto the top of the pot. What can I do to make this lid fit???
Any help would be great. Thanks
I had to tweak mine also. I put it upside down on a flat surface (couple of short 2X4's) and gently tapped on the outside of the rim all the way around, with a light hammer and short piece of wood. I then put the Smokey Joe lid on and discovered that it was too tight. By gently tapping on the lid with a rubber mallet and my palm I was able to force it on. I took the lid off and turned it several times tapping it on each time so I would get a perfect round fit. Just remember to be gentle because it doesn't take too much to change the size. I know there are other ways to do this so you might wait until others post on this site to make a decision.
So...you tapped the WEBER LID on each time? and that shaped the outer lip of the pot?? I was thinking of laying the pot on it's side with the outer lip on a hard surface and then hitting down on the inner edge as I turned the pot to compress the outer ring/lip a bit. Right now there's no way the lid would "tap" on...it's about a1/4" smaller than the pot
I'm sorry, mine was too small for the smokey joe gold lid so I gave you the wrong instructions. Yes you can put it on a flat surface and tap on the rim but you'll have some indentations on the pot. The IMUSA lid will be more perfectly round than the pot rim so see if it fits into the smokey joe lid. If it fits then use it as a template when you alter the pot rim. If it is too small or too large you will be able to see how much you need to change the rim. You might be able to use a rubber mallet to avoid indentations. Remember the pot is thin aluminum and very soft so tap gently.
- Mini WSM Finally Done!!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I'm finally starting to get it down 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › 1st Smoker and I'm trying Everything 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Electric Smokers ... Bradley vs Masterbuilt???? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Hello from South Central Texas 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Trying Umai Soppressata 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Dutch's "Wicked Baked Beans" 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Weber Customer Service Outstanding 3 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › ECB Electric Trying To Improve My Shoulder Method 3 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Any tips for cooking a meatloaf in an electric smoker? 4 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite home cooked meal?? 4 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ