Recent Images In This Thread
- topicMini Wsmtagged by rabbithutch, 10/30/13
- productWeber 10020 Smokey Joe Silver Charcoal Grill, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Water versus Sand in the WSM? Last post on 1/30/16 at 5:25pm in Pork
- New to smoke, Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain or MES Last post on 5/18/16 at 7:05am in Roll Call
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Question about a whole shoulder on WSM 18.5 Last post on 1/25/15 at 4:06pm in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Mini WSM Finally Done!!!! - Page 4
Poll Results: Is this thing bad to the bone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I started out with no basket on my gold but made one at 3 1/2 inches so it would be below the grate if I used just the SMJ as a grill. I found that I can lay out my charcoal be it briquettes or lump along with my wood chunks much easier for what I am smoking. Also, when I finish I usually have some coals left that can be used in the next smoke so I can pull out the basket, dump the ashes in the bottom of the grill and reuse the coals on top of the grate without having to handle them much.
Hey guys, for those that have their WSM mini's up and runnning. I AM SO CLOSE, but ran into a snag. I have a smokey joe gold, and just got my IMUSA 32 quart tamale steamer all cut out and ready to go..the tamale steamer fits the base of the Smokey Joe Gold PERFECTLY..however the LID of the smokey joe is to SMALL to fit onto the top of the pot. What can I do to make this lid fit???
Any help would be great. Thanks
I had to tweak mine also. I put it upside down on a flat surface (couple of short 2X4's) and gently tapped on the outside of the rim all the way around, with a light hammer and short piece of wood. I then put the Smokey Joe lid on and discovered that it was too tight. By gently tapping on the lid with a rubber mallet and my palm I was able to force it on. I took the lid off and turned it several times tapping it on each time so I would get a perfect round fit. Just remember to be gentle because it doesn't take too much to change the size. I know there are other ways to do this so you might wait until others post on this site to make a decision.
So...you tapped the WEBER LID on each time? and that shaped the outer lip of the pot?? I was thinking of laying the pot on it's side with the outer lip on a hard surface and then hitting down on the inner edge as I turned the pot to compress the outer ring/lip a bit. Right now there's no way the lid would "tap" on...it's about a1/4" smaller than the pot
I'm sorry, mine was too small for the smokey joe gold lid so I gave you the wrong instructions. Yes you can put it on a flat surface and tap on the rim but you'll have some indentations on the pot. The IMUSA lid will be more perfectly round than the pot rim so see if it fits into the smokey joe lid. If it fits then use it as a template when you alter the pot rim. If it is too small or too large you will be able to see how much you need to change the rim. You might be able to use a rubber mallet to avoid indentations. Remember the pot is thin aluminum and very soft so tap gently.
- Mini WSM Finally Done!!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brisket from last weeks competition 2 minutes ago
- › St, Louis Style Ribs 4 minutes ago
- › Another Brisket and Rib Story 11 minutes ago
- › 1939 Frigidaire Build.....Wife is pissed! 14 minutes ago
- › Chicken Thighs 30 minutes ago
- › OK so any scientific reason why one should not use water or any... 31 minutes ago
- › Camp smoke 39 minutes ago
- › 3-2-1 ribs in my MES 41 minutes ago
- › Smoked Chicken Noodle and Veggie Soup with QView!!! 50 minutes ago
- › Going Flat Out 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods