So besides making some sausage, moinks and other items i made some peach shine.
This is 2 different batches. Peach and Ala Mode.
These were made on the 14th
The first batch is regular peach using Everclear and peach schnapps. Ala mode will have extra cinnamon and the Vanilla vodka added.
The other ingredients
Here are the recipes.
This is going to be 2 diff batches.
1 is peach shine
1 is peach ala mode (vanilla vodka)
This is the peach version recipe.
64 oz · white grape peach juice
1 ¼ cup · white granulated sugar
¼ cup · brown sugar
3 stick · cinnamon
½ cup · peach schnapps
1 cup · 190 proof grain alcohol, everclear, moonshine etc. (I use everclear)
¾ cup · peach schnapps
2 can · sliced peaches(15oz) in juice. I used 1 large can and cut the peaches in half.
1 · cheese cloth OR Large Bunn type coffee filters
1. in lg pot bring to boil- juice, sugars, 1 can sliced peaches, cinnamon sticks and 1/2 cup of peach schnapps, turn down cover and simmer for an hour, remove from heat and let cool down to room temperature.
2. when mixture is at room temperature add 1 cup everclear and 3/4 cup of peach schnapps and mix. Strain thru cheesecloth or filter. If you want you can add a peach to each jar but i didnt.
I did do some tasting and its pretty dang close to the peach shine that was at the Gathering.
3. get 10-12 pint size jars ready, drain the last can of peaches real good, place one peach in each jar (OPT)
4. with cheese cloth strain liquid into jars, fill up to the bottom of rim and seal. Im going to use a coffee filter with the cheesecloth.
5. for best taste, let it sit for 1-2 wks at least for the flavor to mellow and blend the rest of the way, store in a cool dark place,
In the jars sealed.
Here is the recipe for the Peach Ala Mode.
64 oz Welch's White Grape Peach Juice. Or whatever is cheaper
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 can sliced peaches (15 oz)
4 cinnamon sticks
1 cup Peach Schnapps
1 cup 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear)
1 cup of vanilla vodka
1. In large pot put Grape Peach juice, sugar, sliced peaches, cinnamon sticks and 1/2 cup of Schnapps. Bring to boil, reduce heat and let simmer on medium low for 30-45 minutes covered.
2. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
3. Add cup of Everclear, cup of vanilla vodka and other 1/2 of peach Schnapps 4. Pour into mason jar with one of cinnamon sticks from mixture and one peach from mixture.
5. Refrigerate for at least a week.
I'm going to label this as Sittin-n-Sippin peach shine.
Keep arms inside at all times and wear your chair belt so ya dont fall off.
Here is batch #2 Ala Mode. I used 1 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup dark brown sugar so i can tell which one is which. I'm using large Bunn coffee filters to strain.
Ala mode is cool and ready to jar.
Jar in front has 2 peaches in the bottom.
Both batches are ready for Iowa