or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › Chuck Eyes..yes..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chuck Eyes..yes..

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

steak night in my house, ribeyes way to expensive these days, especially for not being prime cuts in my grocery store. so i set my sights on these chuck eyes. came out darn good. 

 

gas bbq for this one. 

 

 

after about 7 minutes each side. i dont do the whole sear, or high heat. i stick to a medium heat. i got time. lol. 

 

just resting.

 

 

whipped up some potato salad for this one. just had to.

 

also did corn too, but no pics of that..lol. here she is plated up.

 

first slice pic, nice color and cooked perfectly, just for me. wouldnt have it any other way. 

 

closeup time. i always eat the meat first before i touch anything else on the plate(can ya blame me?). old habits i tell ya. 

 

thanks for looking ppl. hope yall enjoy'd i sure did. til next time. 

post #2 of 10

drool.gif

Looks great.

Happy smoken.

David

post #3 of 10

Hello.  That's a GREAT looking meal.  We treat ourselves every couple months to some nice ribeye from our local butcher, but you are right about the price.  Makes your eyes water just paying for it.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

post #4 of 10
Those look great! I lucked out and bought a whole boneless rib eye roast at $4.99 lb a couple weeks ago.
post #5 of 10

Great Looking meal TB!!! All we've been eating is chicken this week, I think a big fat steak is going on the Mini-WSM tonight!

post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinHusker View Post

Those look great! I lucked out and bought a whole boneless rib eye roast at $4.99 lb a couple weeks ago.

I wish i could find rib eye for 4.99th_crybaby2.gif. I would fill the freezebiggrin.gif.

Happy smoken.

David

post #7 of 10

That looks wonderful!  thinking I might have a steak tonight for dinner too!

 

Yummm! drool.gif

 

Kat 

post #8 of 10

Looks fantastic

post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC5TPY View Post

Hello.  That's a GREAT looking meal.  We treat ourselves every couple months to some nice ribeye from our local butcher, but you are right about the price.  Makes your eyes water just paying for it.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

thanks! the prices are soo high for just about anything nowadays, us workin folk have to save up some coin to eat good once in a while...lol. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinHusker View Post

Those look great! I lucked out and bought a whole boneless rib eye roast at $4.99 lb a couple weeks ago.

thanks smokin! thats a darn good price btw. i wish i could find ribeye roast for that much here. normally its deposit an arm and leg at the register. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Great Looking meal TB!!! All we've been eating is chicken this week, I think a big fat steak is going on the Mini-WSM tonight!

thanks DS!! icon_biggrin.gif aint nothin wrong with chicken. ive been livin off pulled pork/smoked chix/and smoked sausage...for the past week and half or so. frozen of course. but always taste just as good as the night i smoke them. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by themule69 View Post

I wish i could find rib eye for 4.99th_crybaby2.gif. I would fill the freezebiggrin.gif.

Happy smoken.

David

x2 on that there amigo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynN View Post

That looks wonderful!  thinking I might have a steak tonight for dinner too!

 

Yummm! drool.gif

 

Kat 

thanks kat..and let me know when the dinner bell is gettin rung...ill be ready! yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQWIB View Post

Looks fantastic

thanks SQWIB! i try my friend. i try. 

post #10 of 10
Nice!
I wish I could get chuck eyes here in so cal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › Chuck Eyes..yes..