First off, I want to say thanks to all the fine folks that are on this web site.
I have had a MES 30 for years but never got great results, but thanks to all of you and your great advice, I’m starting to get some great Q!
My first big step was to upgrade the MES 30 to a Second Gen MES 40. All setup and seasoned. Wanted to do a brisket and want to try Eric’s Wet-to-Dry method.
Here’s my plan:
10 lb Brisket with the point and flat separated. SPOG dry rib applied the night before. Chip pan and loader removed. Vent wide open.
Since the second gen is so different than the first, I am trying to decide where to put things.
- Is it OK to use water and the AMNPS together? All the instructions say not to.
- Where do I put the AMNPS, above the water pan or below?
- Was going to put pea gravel in the water pan. Do I put the water in there as well?
- How much water for a 10 hour smoke?
- How do I catch the drippings? I have a pan that is 17”x12.5” at the top and was going to put it on the bottom shelf. There is about a 2” clearance on all sides. Is this pan too big?
Thanks in advance for all your help. I’ll do some QView once I start.