- 4,404 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Florida.
- Points: 108
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWeber 441001 18.5-Inch One Touch Silver Kettle Grill, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- Bacon in a WSM? Last post on 12/16/14 at 5:50pm in Bacon
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
My first crack at ABTs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Filling is cream cheese, cherry smoked habanero white cheddar, and spring onions.
Wrapped in bacon and dusted with Jeff's rub.
2 hours in the smoke at ~220 deg F using AMNTS and Hickory pellets.
Stuffed and wrapped with bacon;
Dusted with Jeff's rub;
Onto the Weber Genesis;
About an hour into the smoke I put on a spud, onion, and tomato;
Here's a nice closeup;
Now I know why forum members rave about these things!
What awesome flavor. MMMMMMM
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name..... I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
JckD: I know what you're referring to...I've seen those bags of small mixed peppers. If my friend wants the sweeter ones, he and his wife can worry about cleaning them. I'll help with the cooking if they want. I could even taste-test one or two at no charge!
Webowabo: I didn't lose much of the whipped cream cheese at all. My pit was a bit hot, and the cream cheese formed a crust fairly quickly. That crust held it together pretty well. I did think about this ahead of time, and made sure that I didn't have a lot of cream cheese near a low spot (for mine, the low spot would be where the stem was removed).
JayBone: They look great! Fantastic job! Did you use whole pieces of bacon?
Kat: I will definitely have to try some different variations..especially at the next party. That could be fun: have a "build your own ABT" kind of thing!
Each bacon slice was between 1/2 & 3/4 of a full length piece.
Next time I'll use 3/4 length bacon slices.
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name....
. I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
Kat, Yours sound good.
That's probably the only way I'll ever be able to get my wife and daughter to try em.
They turn their noses up at anything remotely spicy.
Well....I am "one of those too"! I cut the pound of bacon in half...so there are more pieces of bacon to wrap with. With the snacking peppers...the ones I bought were really long. Try and pick a package that have the smaller ones about the size of the jalaps. Works better.
AND....they are really good. I will always add those into the mix now.
- My first crack at ABTs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MES 40 Problems 44 seconds ago
- › Need help with a discontinued Cabela Electric Smoker 4 minutes ago
- › Venison summer sausage 17 minutes ago
- › Formed bacon 22 minutes ago
- › a maze n smoker questions 25 minutes ago
- › Black Forest Sticks 26 minutes ago
- › Slap Ya Mama Sticks 28 minutes ago
- › Briskets - A Good Read With an Interesting Tidbit Regarding Water Pans 54 minutes ago
- › MES temp variations 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › please avoid this 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma