- 4,763 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Florida.
- Points: 142
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWeber 441001 18.5-Inch One Touch Silver Kettle Grill, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- Bacon in a WSM? Last post on 12/16/14 at 5:50pm in Bacon
Our three year old Traeger developed huge rust spots inside and out despite careful maintenance. It was always covered when not in use and stored inside for the winter. Paint peeled in big sheets...
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
My first crack at ABTs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Filling is cream cheese, cherry smoked habanero white cheddar, and spring onions.
Wrapped in bacon and dusted with Jeff's rub.
2 hours in the smoke at ~220 deg F using AMNTS and Hickory pellets.
Stuffed and wrapped with bacon;
Dusted with Jeff's rub;
Onto the Weber Genesis;
About an hour into the smoke I put on a spud, onion, and tomato;
Here's a nice closeup;
Now I know why forum members rave about these things!
What awesome flavor. MMMMMMM
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name..... I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
JckD: I know what you're referring to...I've seen those bags of small mixed peppers. If my friend wants the sweeter ones, he and his wife can worry about cleaning them. I'll help with the cooking if they want. I could even taste-test one or two at no charge!
Webowabo: I didn't lose much of the whipped cream cheese at all. My pit was a bit hot, and the cream cheese formed a crust fairly quickly. That crust held it together pretty well. I did think about this ahead of time, and made sure that I didn't have a lot of cream cheese near a low spot (for mine, the low spot would be where the stem was removed).
JayBone: They look great! Fantastic job! Did you use whole pieces of bacon?
Kat: I will definitely have to try some different variations..especially at the next party. That could be fun: have a "build your own ABT" kind of thing!
Each bacon slice was between 1/2 & 3/4 of a full length piece.
Next time I'll use 3/4 length bacon slices.
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name....
. I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
Kat, Yours sound good.
That's probably the only way I'll ever be able to get my wife and daughter to try em.
They turn their noses up at anything remotely spicy.
Well....I am "one of those too"! I cut the pound of bacon in half...so there are more pieces of bacon to wrap with. With the snacking peppers...the ones I bought were really long. Try and pick a package that have the smaller ones about the size of the jalaps. Works better.
AND....they are really good. I will always add those into the mix now.
- My first crack at ABTs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › About to start making sliced beef jerky for the first time in my... 32 seconds ago
- › Just checking English to Americian ingrediants on a bacon run 7 minutes ago
- › Question on cold smoking bacon 16 minutes ago
- › Freezer build pics 20 minutes ago
- › just wanted to say hi, hi 39 minutes ago
- › Question on Pork loin cook temp 41 minutes ago
- › Yoder YS640 on competition trail? 45 minutes ago
- › Fathers Day Pit Beef Open Wood Fire 47 minutes ago
- › Reheated jerky???? 48 minutes ago
- › Maryland group forming come join us 50 minutes ago
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS