- 4,588 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Florida.
- Points: 135
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWeber 441001 18.5-Inch One Touch Silver Kettle Grill, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- Bacon in a WSM? Last post on 12/16/14 at 5:50pm in Bacon
If you want a serious thermometer, this is for you. It comes with 2 meat probes & one air probe, also included is a USB charger. It also has an auxiliary plug that I don't know what it is for, but...
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
My first crack at ABTs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Filling is cream cheese, cherry smoked habanero white cheddar, and spring onions.
Wrapped in bacon and dusted with Jeff's rub.
2 hours in the smoke at ~220 deg F using AMNTS and Hickory pellets.
Stuffed and wrapped with bacon;
Dusted with Jeff's rub;
Onto the Weber Genesis;
About an hour into the smoke I put on a spud, onion, and tomato;
Here's a nice closeup;
Now I know why forum members rave about these things!
What awesome flavor. MMMMMMM
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name..... I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
JckD: I know what you're referring to...I've seen those bags of small mixed peppers. If my friend wants the sweeter ones, he and his wife can worry about cleaning them. I'll help with the cooking if they want. I could even taste-test one or two at no charge!
Webowabo: I didn't lose much of the whipped cream cheese at all. My pit was a bit hot, and the cream cheese formed a crust fairly quickly. That crust held it together pretty well. I did think about this ahead of time, and made sure that I didn't have a lot of cream cheese near a low spot (for mine, the low spot would be where the stem was removed).
JayBone: They look great! Fantastic job! Did you use whole pieces of bacon?
Kat: I will definitely have to try some different variations..especially at the next party. That could be fun: have a "build your own ABT" kind of thing!
Each bacon slice was between 1/2 & 3/4 of a full length piece.
Next time I'll use 3/4 length bacon slices.
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name....
. I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
Kat, Yours sound good.
That's probably the only way I'll ever be able to get my wife and daughter to try em.
They turn their noses up at anything remotely spicy.
Well....I am "one of those too"! I cut the pound of bacon in half...so there are more pieces of bacon to wrap with. With the snacking peppers...the ones I bought were really long. Try and pick a package that have the smaller ones about the size of the jalaps. Works better.
AND....they are really good. I will always add those into the mix now.
- My first crack at ABTs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Reverse Flow?? 10 minutes ago
- › I have an investor in my bbq business, and have questions for... 12 minutes ago
- › AMNPS - burn/smoke times? 13 minutes ago
- › first try at pulled pork 14 minutes ago
- › smoker insulator 15 minutes ago
- › Aluminum drip pans that fit MES 30 ??? 32 minutes ago
- › Habanero bacon 36 minutes ago
- › Pork loin ideas 40 minutes ago
- › CANADIAN BACON TIME IN EAST TEXAS 42 minutes ago
- › Jambalaya Fatty 44 minutes ago
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine