- 4,857 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Florida.
- Points: 147
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWeber 441001 18.5-Inch One Touch Silver Kettle Grill, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- Bacon in a WSM? Last post on 12/16/14 at 5:50pm in Bacon
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
My first crack at ABTs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Filling is cream cheese, cherry smoked habanero white cheddar, and spring onions.
Wrapped in bacon and dusted with Jeff's rub.
2 hours in the smoke at ~220 deg F using AMNTS and Hickory pellets.
Stuffed and wrapped with bacon;
Dusted with Jeff's rub;
Onto the Weber Genesis;
About an hour into the smoke I put on a spud, onion, and tomato;
Here's a nice closeup;
Now I know why forum members rave about these things!
What awesome flavor. MMMMMMM
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name..... I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
JckD: I know what you're referring to...I've seen those bags of small mixed peppers. If my friend wants the sweeter ones, he and his wife can worry about cleaning them. I'll help with the cooking if they want. I could even taste-test one or two at no charge!
Webowabo: I didn't lose much of the whipped cream cheese at all. My pit was a bit hot, and the cream cheese formed a crust fairly quickly. That crust held it together pretty well. I did think about this ahead of time, and made sure that I didn't have a lot of cream cheese near a low spot (for mine, the low spot would be where the stem was removed).
JayBone: They look great! Fantastic job! Did you use whole pieces of bacon?
Kat: I will definitely have to try some different variations..especially at the next party. That could be fun: have a "build your own ABT" kind of thing!
Each bacon slice was between 1/2 & 3/4 of a full length piece.
Next time I'll use 3/4 length bacon slices.
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name....
. I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
Kat, Yours sound good.
That's probably the only way I'll ever be able to get my wife and daughter to try em.
They turn their noses up at anything remotely spicy.
Well....I am "one of those too"! I cut the pound of bacon in half...so there are more pieces of bacon to wrap with. With the snacking peppers...the ones I bought were really long. Try and pick a package that have the smaller ones about the size of the jalaps. Works better.
AND....they are really good. I will always add those into the mix now.
- My first crack at ABTs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pork Belly 36 seconds ago
- › Did someone call Wellington 56 seconds ago
- › WSM 22 Over Night Cook 5 minutes ago
- › Smoked Chicken Noodle and Veggie Soup with QView!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Bob's MES 30 Analog build 7 minutes ago
- › Rec Tec meatloaf 11 minutes ago
- › The Forum is Getting an Upgrade! Moved to Monday, September 25th 12 minutes ago
- › picnics not cured in the center 19 minutes ago
- › Bacon and smoked pork chops 21 minutes ago
- › St, Louis Style Ribs 26 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods