- 4,820 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Florida.
- Points: 144
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWeber 441001 18.5-Inch One Touch Silver Kettle Grill, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- Bacon in a WSM? Last post on 12/16/14 at 5:50pm in Bacon
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
My first crack at ABTs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Filling is cream cheese, cherry smoked habanero white cheddar, and spring onions.
Wrapped in bacon and dusted with Jeff's rub.
2 hours in the smoke at ~220 deg F using AMNTS and Hickory pellets.
Stuffed and wrapped with bacon;
Dusted with Jeff's rub;
Onto the Weber Genesis;
About an hour into the smoke I put on a spud, onion, and tomato;
Here's a nice closeup;
Now I know why forum members rave about these things!
What awesome flavor. MMMMMMM
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name..... I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
JckD: I know what you're referring to...I've seen those bags of small mixed peppers. If my friend wants the sweeter ones, he and his wife can worry about cleaning them. I'll help with the cooking if they want. I could even taste-test one or two at no charge!
Webowabo: I didn't lose much of the whipped cream cheese at all. My pit was a bit hot, and the cream cheese formed a crust fairly quickly. That crust held it together pretty well. I did think about this ahead of time, and made sure that I didn't have a lot of cream cheese near a low spot (for mine, the low spot would be where the stem was removed).
JayBone: They look great! Fantastic job! Did you use whole pieces of bacon?
Kat: I will definitely have to try some different variations..especially at the next party. That could be fun: have a "build your own ABT" kind of thing!
Each bacon slice was between 1/2 & 3/4 of a full length piece.
Next time I'll use 3/4 length bacon slices.
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name....
. I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
Kat, Yours sound good.
That's probably the only way I'll ever be able to get my wife and daughter to try em.
They turn their noses up at anything remotely spicy.
Well....I am "one of those too"! I cut the pound of bacon in half...so there are more pieces of bacon to wrap with. With the snacking peppers...the ones I bought were really long. Try and pick a package that have the smaller ones about the size of the jalaps. Works better.
AND....they are really good. I will always add those into the mix now.
- My first crack at ABTs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › First smoke with Masterbuilt Pro Dual Fuel. Observations and some... 8 minutes ago
- › Disco fried rice 28 minutes ago
- › Help with my smoker! 30 minutes ago
- › Hello. Looking for some pit temp help 48 minutes ago
- › Sale on brisket at GFS. 59 minutes ago
- › 120 gallon reverse flow trailer build 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Reverse Flow smoker build need help/advice 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › SMOKIN-IT SMOKER 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › ThermoPro TP08 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Bad Byron's Butt Rub 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ