- 4,346 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Florida.
- Points: 108
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWeber 441001 18.5-Inch One Touch Silver Kettle Grill, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- Bacon in a WSM? Last post on 12/16/14 at 5:50pm in Bacon
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
My first crack at ABTs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Filling is cream cheese, cherry smoked habanero white cheddar, and spring onions.
Wrapped in bacon and dusted with Jeff's rub.
2 hours in the smoke at ~220 deg F using AMNTS and Hickory pellets.
Stuffed and wrapped with bacon;
Dusted with Jeff's rub;
Onto the Weber Genesis;
About an hour into the smoke I put on a spud, onion, and tomato;
Here's a nice closeup;
Now I know why forum members rave about these things!
What awesome flavor. MMMMMMM
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name..... I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
JckD: I know what you're referring to...I've seen those bags of small mixed peppers. If my friend wants the sweeter ones, he and his wife can worry about cleaning them. I'll help with the cooking if they want. I could even taste-test one or two at no charge!
Webowabo: I didn't lose much of the whipped cream cheese at all. My pit was a bit hot, and the cream cheese formed a crust fairly quickly. That crust held it together pretty well. I did think about this ahead of time, and made sure that I didn't have a lot of cream cheese near a low spot (for mine, the low spot would be where the stem was removed).
JayBone: They look great! Fantastic job! Did you use whole pieces of bacon?
Kat: I will definitely have to try some different variations..especially at the next party. That could be fun: have a "build your own ABT" kind of thing!
Each bacon slice was between 1/2 & 3/4 of a full length piece.
Next time I'll use 3/4 length bacon slices.
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name....
. I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
Kat, Yours sound good.
That's probably the only way I'll ever be able to get my wife and daughter to try em.
They turn their noses up at anything remotely spicy.
Well....I am "one of those too"! I cut the pound of bacon in half...so there are more pieces of bacon to wrap with. With the snacking peppers...the ones I bought were really long. Try and pick a package that have the smaller ones about the size of the jalaps. Works better.
AND....they are really good. I will always add those into the mix now.
- My first crack at ABTs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Smokin Monkey Cook Book 3 minutes ago
- › First Post: Smoked Top Sirloin w/ Q-VIEW!!!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Happy Birthday Cfarmer! 10 minutes ago
- › 1st time ribs 11 minutes ago
- › Salt and pepper Tri tip over post oak 12 minutes ago
- › Chucky Burnt Ends (with Mopar Powered “Hemi” Sauce) 12 minutes ago
- › Competition BBQ 25 minutes ago
- › Hickory Smoked Cheddar Kielbasa with pictures 26 minutes ago
- › Breaking in the new smoker! 38 minutes ago
- › Pig Candy aka Divine Sweet Swine 40 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona