- 4,612 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Florida.
- Points: 137
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productWeber 441001 18.5-Inch One Touch Silver Kettle Grill, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by dbsaffor, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- Bacon in a WSM? Last post on 12/16/14 at 5:50pm in Bacon
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
My first crack at ABTs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Filling is cream cheese, cherry smoked habanero white cheddar, and spring onions.
Wrapped in bacon and dusted with Jeff's rub.
2 hours in the smoke at ~220 deg F using AMNTS and Hickory pellets.
Stuffed and wrapped with bacon;
Dusted with Jeff's rub;
Onto the Weber Genesis;
About an hour into the smoke I put on a spud, onion, and tomato;
Here's a nice closeup;
Now I know why forum members rave about these things!
What awesome flavor. MMMMMMM
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name..... I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
JckD: I know what you're referring to...I've seen those bags of small mixed peppers. If my friend wants the sweeter ones, he and his wife can worry about cleaning them. I'll help with the cooking if they want. I could even taste-test one or two at no charge!
Webowabo: I didn't lose much of the whipped cream cheese at all. My pit was a bit hot, and the cream cheese formed a crust fairly quickly. That crust held it together pretty well. I did think about this ahead of time, and made sure that I didn't have a lot of cream cheese near a low spot (for mine, the low spot would be where the stem was removed).
JayBone: They look great! Fantastic job! Did you use whole pieces of bacon?
Kat: I will definitely have to try some different variations..especially at the next party. That could be fun: have a "build your own ABT" kind of thing!
Each bacon slice was between 1/2 & 3/4 of a full length piece.
Next time I'll use 3/4 length bacon slices.
I have made them and chopped pepperoni and added it to the cream cheese....and put some shredded smoked cheddar in that too...then wrapped with bacon. Also made what a friend called "Kat Turds".....Keith may differ with the name....
. I made some using the sweet snack peppers and did them the same way as the abts. I actually enjoyed them....I don't care for hot and spicy things.
Kat, Yours sound good.
That's probably the only way I'll ever be able to get my wife and daughter to try em.
They turn their noses up at anything remotely spicy.
Well....I am "one of those too"! I cut the pound of bacon in half...so there are more pieces of bacon to wrap with. With the snacking peppers...the ones I bought were really long. Try and pick a package that have the smaller ones about the size of the jalaps. Works better.
AND....they are really good. I will always add those into the mix now.
- My first crack at ABTs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Smoke Chief cold smoke generator 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Can i hang my UMAi in my basement? 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Corned beef and hash 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Smoked Garlic Pork + 5 ~ Foamheart 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Some grilled chicken quarters. 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Which stick burner to buy?? 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › PID problems runaway temp 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Jalapeno elk saugage 2 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › I know what I'm doing this weekend... 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › ham curing days set in stone? 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub