- 88 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: NW Ohio
- Points: 13
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- weber stinks Last post on 8/29/10 at 8:37pm in UDS Builds
- My full MES Last post on 6/12/10 at 9:37am in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 12/10/11 at 6:19pm in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 6/25/09 at 10:59am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
bison ribs?post #1 of 56/27/13 at 6:16amThread StarterHas anyone tried smoking bison ribs? I may have a chance to get some soon and I've only cooked pork ribs. The bison look like dino bones.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 56/27/13 at 6:52amWe did some buffalo ribs a few years ago. They are similar to beef short ribs, but leaner. We used the 3-2-1 cooking method and they turned out really nice! If I could get my hands on some more I'd so them that way again.post #3 of 56/27/13 at 2:12pmThread Starterpost #4 of 56/27/13 at 2:18pmpost #5 of 56/27/13 at 2:29pm
I'll throw my 2 cents... Being really lean and similar to beef i'd try it like i do beef ribs. Sear over charcoal (get a nice caramelization) then slow cook for like 4-6 hours basting every hour until tender. Use your favorite SPOG...you won't regret it.
- bison ribs?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › New 44 inch Masterbuilt ready for trash day! 5 minutes ago
- › Roger 10 minutes ago
- › Habanero & Chipotle wildfire snack sticks 36 minutes ago
- › Mettwurst & Cheese 44 minutes ago
- › How easily should pellets burn in AMNPS? 47 minutes ago
- › Installing PCB in Mes-30 57 minutes ago
- › Spinning for the first time! 57 minutes ago
- › First Charcuterie Done !! 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Sriracha & Onion brat Cold smoked 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Reverse Seared Cowboy Steaks w/ Q-View 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ