- 88 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: NW Ohio
- Points: 13
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- weber stinks Last post on 8/29/10 at 8:37pm in UDS Builds
- My full MES Last post on 6/12/10 at 9:37am in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 12/10/11 at 6:19pm in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 6/25/09 at 10:59am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
bison ribs?post #1 of 56/27/13 at 6:16amThread StarterHas anyone tried smoking bison ribs? I may have a chance to get some soon and I've only cooked pork ribs. The bison look like dino bones.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 56/27/13 at 6:52amWe did some buffalo ribs a few years ago. They are similar to beef short ribs, but leaner. We used the 3-2-1 cooking method and they turned out really nice! If I could get my hands on some more I'd so them that way again.post #3 of 56/27/13 at 2:12pmThread Starterpost #4 of 56/27/13 at 2:18pmpost #5 of 56/27/13 at 2:29pm
I'll throw my 2 cents... Being really lean and similar to beef i'd try it like i do beef ribs. Sear over charcoal (get a nice caramelization) then slow cook for like 4-6 hours basting every hour until tender. Use your favorite SPOG...you won't regret it.
- bison ribs?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Wood chip box and Temperature 10 minutes ago
- › Chicken brine question. 13 minutes ago
- › How much to charge per pound of smoked pork butt. 18 minutes ago
- › Trying Umai Soppressata 20 minutes ago
- › First time ABTs 27 minutes ago
- › Need some opinions 33 minutes ago
- › converting to electric 45 minutes ago
- › Smokehouse Build PDF 54 minutes ago
- › Hello World! 58 minutes ago
- › Best Charcoal Grill 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ