- 88 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: NW Ohio
- Points: 13
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- weber stinks Last post on 8/29/10 at 8:37pm in UDS Builds
- My full MES Last post on 6/12/10 at 9:37am in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 12/10/11 at 6:19pm in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 6/25/09 at 10:59am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
bison ribs?post #1 of 56/27/13 at 6:16amThread StarterHas anyone tried smoking bison ribs? I may have a chance to get some soon and I've only cooked pork ribs. The bison look like dino bones.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 56/27/13 at 6:52amWe did some buffalo ribs a few years ago. They are similar to beef short ribs, but leaner. We used the 3-2-1 cooking method and they turned out really nice! If I could get my hands on some more I'd so them that way again.post #3 of 56/27/13 at 2:12pmThread Starterpost #4 of 56/27/13 at 2:18pmpost #5 of 56/27/13 at 2:29pm
I'll throw my 2 cents... Being really lean and similar to beef i'd try it like i do beef ribs. Sear over charcoal (get a nice caramelization) then slow cook for like 4-6 hours basting every hour until tender. Use your favorite SPOG...you won't regret it.
- bison ribs?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Go big or go home. First try at a fatty. 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › making snack sticks for the first time this weekend and a couple... 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › newbie 125 gallon reverse flow build the start 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › smoked eggs in shell 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › 96x30" trailer build 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › WSM sale question 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Dear Sausage Doctors, my sausage is 'puckered' in smoker. Too much... 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › What is this MES 40 worth? Does it work well? 3 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Question on Kettle grill quality 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Fruit wood safety question. 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations