- 88 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: NW Ohio
- Points: 13
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- weber stinks Last post on 8/29/10 at 8:37pm in UDS Builds
- My full MES Last post on 6/12/10 at 9:37am in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 12/10/11 at 6:19pm in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 6/25/09 at 10:59am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
If you want a serious thermometer, this is for you. It comes with 2 meat probes & one air probe, also included is a USB charger. It also has an auxiliary plug that I don't know what it is for, but...
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
bison ribs?post #1 of 56/27/13 at 6:16amThread StarterHas anyone tried smoking bison ribs? I may have a chance to get some soon and I've only cooked pork ribs. The bison look like dino bones.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 56/27/13 at 6:52amWe did some buffalo ribs a few years ago. They are similar to beef short ribs, but leaner. We used the 3-2-1 cooking method and they turned out really nice! If I could get my hands on some more I'd so them that way again.post #3 of 56/27/13 at 2:12pmThread Starterpost #4 of 56/27/13 at 2:18pmpost #5 of 56/27/13 at 2:29pm
I'll throw my 2 cents... Being really lean and similar to beef i'd try it like i do beef ribs. Sear over charcoal (get a nice caramelization) then slow cook for like 4-6 hours basting every hour until tender. Use your favorite SPOG...you won't regret it.
- bison ribs?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Masterbuilt not working properly 3 minutes ago
- › Smoked Venison Dried Beef 8 minutes ago
- › Italian Sausage, Kind of Hot 9 minutes ago
- › Mes 40 ribs question 17 minutes ago
- › SMOKED MEATLOAF w/ my new FIREBOARD REMOTE THERMOMETER 18 minutes ago
- › Thai Jerky 21 minutes ago
- › Questions About LEM Products 28 minutes ago
- › Free shipping and no minimum at the Sausage Maker for the next two... 31 minutes ago
- › Habanero bacon 33 minutes ago
- › Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Reverse Flow?? 39 minutes ago
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine