Right now I keep my brinkman bullet electric water smoker at the lake on my dock, set it up and then go fishing or boating for an hour or so and comeback and check on it, repeat, and so on. So I need low maintenance. It is to nice outside right now to start a building project, but I have 10 or 20 hungry people to feed many Friday and Saturday nights so I need to get through the summer with what I have. Eventually I want to explore cold smoking, but for now it will be ribs, butts(excuse me the new term is blade roasts?) chickens, ducks, and maybe an occasional striper or bluegill or cat.
1) ordered the amaze pellets package #3 today to take care of my smoking inconsistency problems
2) ordering a pid for my brinkman electric smoker element to help with my temp control problems unless you guys tell me otherwise
3) going to go with something like the mailbox mod for now hooked up to my brinkman, bring the smoke in right above the water pan and spend the summer to practice a bit.
4) when we get to fall, an college or nfl game on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon will be the time to build me a smokehouse
5) from reading the forums I may have trouble keeping the smokehouse up to temp with the brinkman element so I will just use 2, while I have not called them yet it appears i could use the dual control auber to control 2 of the brinkman 1500 watt elements instead of heater and smoke generator since will be using the amaze for my smoke generation, not an electrician so this is where things get complicated for me.
6) so what i am trying to do is improve what i can produce now, but leave myself in a position where i can use my recent purchase as i become better at this craft. Am I wrong based on my intended use profile to be only considering electric?
Would appreciate comments.