Finally found a Saturday to smoke some ribs for a family party. Unfortunately I drank too much and forgot to take pictures of the finished product. Very, very happy with the turnout though. Notes on cook below:
- smoked approximately 12+ full racks of ribs, cut into halves
- used hickory and apple wood for fuel
- used a rub of kosher, ground pepper, paprika, chili powder, ground cummin (not a lot), and dark brown sugar
- applied rub and refrigerated ribs for two hours before cook time, let them sit for 30 minutes at room temp
- cook time of 4 hrs in smoker
- 1 hr of sit time while wrapped in aluminum foil
- no special sauce - sweet baby rays (hometown favorite)
I actually tried to use both a weber 21" kettle and the Horizon but the weber cooked way much faster and just combined all the ribs on the horizon.
Still have plenty of tinkering and learning to do on the horizon to dial it in but very, very happy with the purchase and recommend it.