Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tribute To My Pap - Dry Cured Ham, Sausage, CB, BBB, Dried Beef Last post on 5/19/14 at 5:38pm in Pork
- Picnic Ham? Last post on 12/25/14 at 6:13am in Curing
- Ham and Canadian Bacon with Pop's Brine and Pork Loin Last post on 11/2/13 at 8:15am in Smoking Bacon
- Canadian bacon, Ham from a loin and pulled ham from a pork butt Last post on 7/5/13 at 8:04am in Pork
- Thuringer Sausage Last post on 5/2/13 at 7:21pm in Sausage
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit BoysLast edited: 4/28/11
I've had my Daniel Boone for 3 years or so. Smoked countless briskets, pork butts, turkey, tri tip, prime ribs, summer sausage, pepperoni, brats, jerky, fish....the list goes on and on. Always has...
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit Boys
Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More! - Page 2
Thanks Clarissa! They scrambled up real nice.
I somehow missed this, but picked up on it from your comment on the wiki article. That looked so good, and is so easy...are you sure it's LEGAL?!?! LOL!!!
Sinful is probably the perfect description. It is still legal but like most things I start to like it will probably be illegal soon.
Pops is a Moderator on this site who has shared his family's brine recipe. It makes some of the best ham and bacon.
Woodcutter, you did an awesome job!!! What great color in that smoker!! I did the same thing last summer after seeing Bear's post on the Buckboard bacon cured butts using Pop's brine. Did it the same way and it was a big hit for pulled pork. Much better than normal pulled pork in my opinion and am now doing it this way. Thanks for posting this as a reminder to me to do it again soon and to those who have never done this, to give this a whirl. Reinhard
My brine bucket has been empty for too long! I'm hungry for some pulled pork butt ham again. Here are a few pictures.
Worked the bones out.
Trying the long way 1st after rolling the flaps were I was cutting.
Removed the fat caps for sausage.
Now for a 2 week brine. I'm going to smoke these until 205° so the ham will pull like pulled pork.
- Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More!
- › Ok, here we go... 2 seconds ago
- › Chicken Thighs (Hickory Smoked) 2 minutes ago
- › Eye of Round Thai Jerky 4 minutes ago
- › The new guy 5 minutes ago
- › Smoked bass and bluegill 7 minutes ago
- › Smoked Prime Rib (First of 2017) 7 minutes ago
- › Chicken Sausage Italian 17 minutes ago
- › Diff between Pink Salt and Tender Quick? 18 minutes ago
- › Andouille Sausage 18 minutes ago
- › Make a new supply of Brown Sugar cured bacon!!! 20 minutes ago
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot