Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tribute To My Pap - Dry Cured Ham, Sausage, CB, BBB, Dried Beef Last post on 5/19/14 at 5:38pm in Pork
- Picnic Ham? Last post on 12/25/14 at 6:13am in Curing
- Ham and Canadian Bacon with Pop's Brine and Pork Loin Last post on 11/2/13 at 8:15am in Smoking Bacon
- Canadian bacon, Ham from a loin and pulled ham from a pork butt Last post on 7/5/13 at 8:04am in Pork
- Thuringer Sausage Last post on 5/2/13 at 7:21pm in Sausage
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit BoysLast edited: 4/28/11
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit Boys
Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More! - Page 2
Thanks Clarissa! They scrambled up real nice.
I somehow missed this, but picked up on it from your comment on the wiki article. That looked so good, and is so easy...are you sure it's LEGAL?!?! LOL!!!
Sinful is probably the perfect description. It is still legal but like most things I start to like it will probably be illegal soon.
Pops is a Moderator on this site who has shared his family's brine recipe. It makes some of the best ham and bacon.
Woodcutter, you did an awesome job!!! What great color in that smoker!! I did the same thing last summer after seeing Bear's post on the Buckboard bacon cured butts using Pop's brine. Did it the same way and it was a big hit for pulled pork. Much better than normal pulled pork in my opinion and am now doing it this way. Thanks for posting this as a reminder to me to do it again soon and to those who have never done this, to give this a whirl. Reinhard
My brine bucket has been empty for too long! I'm hungry for some pulled pork butt ham again. Here are a few pictures.
Worked the bones out.
Trying the long way 1st after rolling the flaps were I was cutting.
Removed the fat caps for sausage.
Now for a 2 week brine. I'm going to smoke these until 205° so the ham will pull like pulled pork.
- Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More!
- › Electric Smokers ... Bradley vs Masterbuilt???? 6 minutes ago
- › Propane SmokeHouse Build 13 minutes ago
- › Are you ready to rumble!!!!! March 2017 Throwdown time!!! 14 minutes ago
- › Searching for used pitmaster iq110 and thermapen! 16 minutes ago
- › Beef ribs, AKA "Dino bones" in the smoker. Done! Q view up! 19 minutes ago
- › PRIME RIB, SMOKED, SOUS VIDE, & TORCHED, AN EXPERIMENT 27 minutes ago
- › BBQ And Homebrew Get-Together? 31 minutes ago
- › anyone wet brine large amounts of slabs ? Need ideas 37 minutes ago
- › First smoke !!.. 46 minutes ago
- › Blooming - length and temperature? 48 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives