Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tribute To My Pap - Dry Cured Ham, Sausage, CB, BBB, Dried Beef Last post on 5/19/14 at 5:38pm in Pork
- Picnic Ham? Last post on 12/25/14 at 6:13am in Curing
- Ham and Canadian Bacon with Pop's Brine and Pork Loin Last post on 11/2/13 at 8:15am in Smoking Bacon
- Canadian bacon, Ham from a loin and pulled ham from a pork butt Last post on 7/5/13 at 8:04am in Pork
- Thuringer Sausage Last post on 5/2/13 at 7:21pm in Sausage
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit BoysLast edited: 4/28/11
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
I bought a couple of bags, on sale, for about $3.99 a bag, for use on the 4th of July. Unfortunately, as I bought it to take over to my brother's house, as part of my contribution to the effort,...
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit Boys
Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More! - Page 2
Thanks Clarissa! They scrambled up real nice.
I somehow missed this, but picked up on it from your comment on the wiki article. That looked so good, and is so easy...are you sure it's LEGAL?!?! LOL!!!
Sinful is probably the perfect description. It is still legal but like most things I start to like it will probably be illegal soon.
Pops is a Moderator on this site who has shared his family's brine recipe. It makes some of the best ham and bacon.
Woodcutter, you did an awesome job!!! What great color in that smoker!! I did the same thing last summer after seeing Bear's post on the Buckboard bacon cured butts using Pop's brine. Did it the same way and it was a big hit for pulled pork. Much better than normal pulled pork in my opinion and am now doing it this way. Thanks for posting this as a reminder to me to do it again soon and to those who have never done this, to give this a whirl. Reinhard
My brine bucket has been empty for too long! I'm hungry for some pulled pork butt ham again. Here are a few pictures.
Worked the bones out.
Trying the long way 1st after rolling the flaps were I was cutting.
Removed the fat caps for sausage.
Now for a 2 week brine. I'm going to smoke these until 205° so the ham will pull like pulled pork.
- Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More!
- › MES Generation Number Recognition Pictures & Info (Digital Units) 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for real life Dehydrator experiences 6 minutes ago
- › Rules ? 7 minutes ago
- › MES 30 + A-Maze-N-Smoker 8 minutes ago
- › Venison Tenderloin 23 minutes ago
- › Quick Surf & Turf (with Visitors) 29 minutes ago
- › Smoked Bacon Wrapped Loin 30 minutes ago
- › Added to the family!! 35 minutes ago
- › Beef Tenderloin 1st time 41 minutes ago
- › Carving A Turkey 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ