Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tribute To My Pap - Dry Cured Ham, Sausage, CB, BBB, Dried Beef Last post on 5/19/14 at 5:38pm in Pork
- Picnic Ham? Last post on 12/25/14 at 6:13am in Curing
- Ham and Canadian Bacon with Pop's Brine and Pork Loin Last post on 11/2/13 at 8:15am in Smoking Bacon
- Canadian bacon, Ham from a loin and pulled ham from a pork butt Last post on 7/5/13 at 8:04am in Pork
- Thuringer Sausage Last post on 5/2/13 at 7:21pm in Sausage
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit BoysLast edited: 4/28/11
Bout the version built for cabelas called Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite. Listen, it's supposed to be a smoker, but really, it's grill, no, an oven, that's it. I've used it several times now in order...
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit Boys
Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More! - Page 2
Thanks Clarissa! They scrambled up real nice.
I somehow missed this, but picked up on it from your comment on the wiki article. That looked so good, and is so easy...are you sure it's LEGAL?!?! LOL!!!
Sinful is probably the perfect description. It is still legal but like most things I start to like it will probably be illegal soon.
Pops is a Moderator on this site who has shared his family's brine recipe. It makes some of the best ham and bacon.
Woodcutter, you did an awesome job!!! What great color in that smoker!! I did the same thing last summer after seeing Bear's post on the Buckboard bacon cured butts using Pop's brine. Did it the same way and it was a big hit for pulled pork. Much better than normal pulled pork in my opinion and am now doing it this way. Thanks for posting this as a reminder to me to do it again soon and to those who have never done this, to give this a whirl. Reinhard
My brine bucket has been empty for too long! I'm hungry for some pulled pork butt ham again. Here are a few pictures.
Worked the bones out.
Trying the long way 1st after rolling the flaps were I was cutting.
Removed the fat caps for sausage.
Now for a 2 week brine. I'm going to smoke these until 205° so the ham will pull like pulled pork.
- Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More!
- › Memorial Day Quail and More! (Que-Vue) 51 seconds ago
- › Electric or offset wood best for UK? 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Pork butts tonight and ribs tomorrow 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Oklahoma Joe Highlander Damper Not Working with Wood 3 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › I love the bags from Vacum Sealers Unlimited!!! Pics included!! 4 hours ago
- › New guy from Florida; New to Smoking 4 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › First whole packer 4 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Beginner stepping into this world 4 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › 2nd butt on my MES - QView 5 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Can't Keep The Pellets Lit! 5 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by Travelbilly
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer