Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tribute To My Pap - Dry Cured Ham, Sausage, CB, BBB, Dried Beef Last post on 5/19/14 at 5:38pm in Pork
- Picnic Ham? Last post on 12/25/14 at 6:13am in Curing
- Ham and Canadian Bacon with Pop's Brine and Pork Loin Last post on 11/2/13 at 8:15am in Smoking Bacon
- Canadian bacon, Ham from a loin and pulled ham from a pork butt Last post on 7/5/13 at 8:04am in Pork
- Thuringer Sausage Last post on 5/2/13 at 7:21pm in Sausage
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit BoysLast edited: 4/28/11
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit Boys
Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More! - Page 2
Thanks Clarissa! They scrambled up real nice.
I somehow missed this, but picked up on it from your comment on the wiki article. That looked so good, and is so easy...are you sure it's LEGAL?!?! LOL!!!
Sinful is probably the perfect description. It is still legal but like most things I start to like it will probably be illegal soon.
Pops is a Moderator on this site who has shared his family's brine recipe. It makes some of the best ham and bacon.
Woodcutter, you did an awesome job!!! What great color in that smoker!! I did the same thing last summer after seeing Bear's post on the Buckboard bacon cured butts using Pop's brine. Did it the same way and it was a big hit for pulled pork. Much better than normal pulled pork in my opinion and am now doing it this way. Thanks for posting this as a reminder to me to do it again soon and to those who have never done this, to give this a whirl. Reinhard
My brine bucket has been empty for too long! I'm hungry for some pulled pork butt ham again. Here are a few pictures.
Worked the bones out.
Trying the long way 1st after rolling the flaps were I was cutting.
Removed the fat caps for sausage.
Now for a 2 week brine. I'm going to smoke these until 205° so the ham will pull like pulled pork.
- Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More!
- › Fresh steelhead 44 seconds ago
- › Anyone Interested in Seed Sharing 3 minutes ago
- › 275 gallon tank smoker 6 minutes ago
- › First Build 17 minutes ago
- › ]Parmesan Crusted Zucchini 19 minutes ago
- › Smoker Enclosure 22 minutes ago
- › Smokers, Whats your age and how long have you been smoking??? 23 minutes ago
- › Brined? Frenched? Rubbed? Smoked? Glazed? Cheap Pork Roast! 23 minutes ago
- › Ridiculously cheap Infrared Thermometer on Amazon.co.uk 23 minutes ago
- › 500 gallon build.lp tank 29 minutes ago
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman