Got my new WSM all assembled and ready on Friday. Seasoned up my pork butt last night and fired it up this morning. Only a couple small issues with the first smoke. Couldn't find my remote thermometer, so I just used the one on the lid though I know it isn't perfect. Second issue was that I didn't put quite enough charcoal in for the entire smoke. I had to add some for the last hour of the smoke. All in all I call it a success, need to work on the rub a little bit but when you decide to season it at 11:30 at night you use what you can find. I didn't get as many pictures as intended cause I was so focus on the task at hand. I want to thank all you guys for you guidance and knowledge, it made my first smoke very enjoyable.
Using the minion method getting it fired up.
Here is a not so good picture of the finished product hitting the cooler.