or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Roll Call › New here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New here

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Hello,

 

From New Mexico, Iike to cook. been trying my hand at smoking some meats. I have a Smoke Valt I got for Christmas 2 yrs ago. I was looking for a smoker on google when I came a pond this site. Look like a good site to help me get to the good foods I want to try and make it real good. Pine Hill NM where I am from.

Looking forward to getting some good help.

 

Thanks,

Mikebeercheer.gif

post #2 of 10

 Welcome to the forums, Mike!  Glad you joined us.  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastime...Smoking and Grilling great food!  Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.  Just ask when you need help and you'll get plenty.

Red

post #3 of 10
Hi Mike! welcome1.gif to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 45,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 900,000 posts describing it!

The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, it helps others to know where you are when they offer advice, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-Course, it will teach you all the basics plus a whole lot more!
post #4 of 10

welcome1.gifto SMF!  We are so glad you joined us!

 

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

 

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

 

Kat

post #5 of 10

Hello pine welcome with us.I also like cooking as you

post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 

Good afternoon,

 

Ok read the rules, Iam from Pine Hill NM.

I have tried chicken, which came out very good. I have done about 6 whole chickens, barrel smoker/ and my Vault. Ribs in the valut have come out so so... Having lots of problems with my pork butt, in the vault. Comes out done but not no where falling off the bone done. Briskets are good, not great. My last try for Easter came out very nice. Turkeys are coming out delicious.

Grilling has always been ok, sometimes I forget and over cook my meats. I use charcol grills for all my meat grilling. Maybe try steaks in the smoker? Hows has that been for ya all?

I have plenty more or try, I'll keep ya all posted.

 

Thanks,

Mike

post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 

Howdy,

Girlfriend and I found this smoker at Tractor Supply, RedStone™ Charcoal Smoker.

 

Has anyone had the joy of using this model? I have look at and read all the mods I will need to do to get this one going in the right direction.

Any Info will be helpful

 

Thanks,

The new guy


Edited by pinehillhenio - 7/19/13 at 3:26pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynN View Post

welcome1.gifto SMF!  We are so glad you joined us!

 

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

 

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

 

Kat

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinehillhenio View Post

Good afternoon,

 

Ok read the rules, Iam from Pine Hill NM.

I have tried chicken, which came out very good. I have done about 6 whole chickens, barrel smoker/ and my Vault. Ribs in the valut have come out so so... Having lots of problems with my pork butt, in the vault. Comes out done but not no where falling off the bone done. Briskets are good, not great. My last try for Easter came out very nice. Turkeys are coming out delicious.

Grilling has always been ok, sometimes I forget and over cook my meats. I use charcol grills for all my meat grilling. Maybe try steaks in the smoker? Hows has that been for ya all?

I have plenty more or try, I'll keep ya all posted.

 

Thanks,

Mike

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinehillhenio View Post

Howdy,

Girlfriend and I found this smoker at Tractor Supply, RedStone™ Charcoal Smoker.

ww.tractorsupply.com/en/store/redstonetrade%3B-charcoal-smoker-1046--1?cmc=-10005#desc-tab

Has anyone had the joy of using this model? I have look at and read all the mods I will need to do to get this one going in the right direction.

Any Info will be helpful

 

Thanks,

The new guy


Edited by S2K9K - 7/18/13 at 5:32pm
post #9 of 10

yeahthat.gif.....if you did read the rules....off site links are not allowed here....per Jeff the owner. 

 

You will need to edit your post and correct the off site link. 

 

In the Terms of service notes....it's Rule #11.

 

Kat

post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 

Could not get the picture url so I did the site its just a picture and description of the smoker. no price no advertisement. I didnt think it was any cause for alarm.  but I guess not other comets about the smoker it self?

Thanks for the Help...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Roll Call
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Roll Call › New here