or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Boston Butts for work - QView (bragging post)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boston Butts for work - QView (bragging post)

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I did 4 butts, 4 chickens, 3 dozen eggs, and a block of gouda.

 

 

2 of the butts injected and rubbed.

 

 

Butt's nearing 160 (almost time to wrap) - below the butts, is an experiment of jalepenos and spam.  Smoked jalepenos were good in my hot sauce and the spam was pretty good but I will go with the low sodium spam next time.

 

 

The pork, chicken, and sauces at work.

 

Smoked eggs and cheese at work.

 

 

And I'll leave you with a small teaser - some tasty chicken wings.

 

 

Thanks,

 

Travis

post #2 of 8

Hey that all looks mighty good from here!  Nicely done.

 

Red

post #3 of 8
Those butts look beautiful. I can't get that "shiny" caramelized color on the outside of my butts. Any suggestions? More sugar in the rub maybe???

This thread is enough to motivate me to throw some butts on the wsm next week when I am on vacation!
post #4 of 8

Outstanding Job, Travis!!!

 

They don't get any better than that!!!

 

 

Bear

post #5 of 8
Great job Travis! I bet everyone loved it. How many requests did you get? Bill
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccpropilot View Post

Those butts look beautiful. I can't get that "shiny" caramelized color on the outside of my butts. Any suggestions? More sugar in the rub maybe???

This thread is enough to motivate me to throw some butts on the wsm next week when I am on vacation!


I use a brown sugar called dark muscovado. You can order it from Amazon.


And using more will probably help. when I make my rub I try to make sure I can taste each spice with salt and sweet being the main flavors.
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSmoker64 View Post

Great job Travis! I bet everyone loved it. How many requests did you get? Bill


I cooked for about 75 people and I keep getting requests for me to cater family reunions, graduations, weddings, etc. it hasn't slowed down. but i tell them when it becomes work and it's not fun I quit. so i do what I can but I have twin one year old girls and a full time job. so my time is limited.
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedX View Post


I cooked for about 75 people and I keep getting requests for me to cater family reunions, graduations, weddings, etc. it hasn't slowed down. but i tell them when it becomes work and it's not fun I quit. so i do what I can but I have twin one year old girls and a full time job. so my time is limited.

I hear that buddy!  Gotta be fun.  I just changed jobs and haven't had time to post on the forum lately!  I miss my SMF friends but it looks like y'all are doin' okay without me!  LOL

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Boston Butts for work - QView (bragging post)