- 589 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Climax Springs, Mo
- Points: 25
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySmokerstagged by Davidhef88, 11/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
My first RF smoker build, any help would be appreciated - Page 9
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I recommend keeping a full bottle handy , and spray the inside before and after each use. It will make the smoker much easier to maintain. The only time I rinse mine out is right before I get ready to cook, usually just drain off any liquids and pick off the left over it'd bits, and sweep out the firebox with a brush. The times I did wash it after cooking, I ended up with mold growing inside. Never happens when I just leave it dirty, something about the heat and smoke I guess?....
the length of the stack is what Feldons Smoker Calculator required it to be with the numbers I punched in. I could have made it larger in diameter and it would have shortened the length but I kinda like its look as it is.
But I may have to re visit that decision because right now it wont fit in the garage HAHA
Weev & Bishgeo,
The Boys are right, they are called toggle clamps or toggle latches. I bought mine at a local steel supplier, but a lot of places carry them
Here is another place that carries them, I also bought my door thermometers from this place.
Go back a few pages in my build it will show you how I fixed my door with the same problem your experiencing (bishgeo).
You could try cutting out some door ribs out of 1/4 flat plate. I took a piece of cardboard laid it up against the CC sides with the door open, traced the radius with a black marker. Then cut it out and used it as a template for the ribs. Tack weld the ribs in place and reshape your door as you go. It should fit the CC radius fine when done. Worked for me.
FIRED UP !!!!!
Well today I finally fired up the smoker to season it. Sprayed the inside down with peanut oil and started its first burn. It only took about a half hour to get it up to 250, and only a 5+ degree difference between the right and left side. The heat baffle worked amazing (Thanks, Dave & Ribwizzard) Really happy with how it turned out, Many Thanks To All Who Offered Help, Suggestions, Drawings And Ideas ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Very nice looking unit!!
What size toggle clamps did you use from the Toggle Clamp Store? The LT-431 is 700 lbs ($6.42) holding power and the LT-40342 ($9.95) is 2000 lbs holding power. KCK price for the LT-431 looks like $23.
Ooops, forgot to mention SQWIB, Thank you Sir for all you FB input, pictures, drawings and advice ! Yourself, Dave and Ribwizzard were indispensable in my build !
- My first RF smoker build, any help would be appreciated
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Whole pig (with pics!) 2 minutes ago
- › Darn Tasty Armadillo Eggs 13 minutes ago
- › Replacement heating element 17 minutes ago
- › Salt and pepper Tri tip over post oak 34 minutes ago
- › Grilla Silverbac 38 minutes ago
- › FIRST COOL DAY, GOTTA FIRE UP THE LANG! 47 minutes ago
- › Old Commercial Cooler into a Hot Smoker 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Tri Tip! 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › UDS Plans Needed 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Ribs and Relaxation 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman