Nothing too terribly exciting here, but I thought I would share. The other day the wife and I wanted tacos, so I picked up some chicken thighs on the way home. Here's what I did:
(1) Bone the chicken thighs, rub with 50/50 blend of chili powder and lime juice powder. Throw in some salt for good measure.
(2) Dress with homemade bacon (bacon was seasoned/cured with Jeff's Rib Rub)
(3) While birds are smoking at 275 with apple pellets, make a salsa. My wife's favorite is a roasted tomato and avocado salsa.
1½ cups chopped tomatoes (I used one 15 oz can of roasted diced tomatoes)
1 large avocado, diced
5 green onions, white part only, diced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 T jalapeno, diced
1 T lime juice, divided
Salt & pepper to taste
(4) Take birds out at 165 IT.
(5) Crisp up the bacon.
(6) Cut up chicken (skin optional) and serve with whatever else you like on your tacos!
Smoker: MES 40 with AMNPS
Wood: Apple (it's what I had laying around, time to reorder soon)
Smoking Temperature: 275
Pulled at: 165 Internal temperature
Duration: A little over an hour, maybe 1 h 15 min
Would I do it again: Heck yes