or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Ribeyes on my Smokey Joe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ribeyes on my Smokey Joe

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

In case anyone's wondering----I did this before my operation, when my taste buds were still working properly.

 

Ribeyes on my Double stacked Webers.

I got this little Weber awhile back (used, but not much).
I loaned it to my son, until he got his Big Black Egg.
Then I noticed my little Sunbeam grill was rotting out, so I re-claimed my little Weber.

Here's the first time "I" ever actually used it.

I put enough charcoal in the chimney to cover the grate.
Then I put the Weber on top of my Weber "Q", so I didn't have to do any bending, plus that way I didn't have to worry about any hot coals getting on my porch floor or into the mulch under the porch.
Also that made the side tables of the Weber "Q" real handy too.

The little guy worked fine----Made a couple nice Med-Rare Ribeyes.

Boy were they good!!!


Thanks for lookin',
Bear




My little baby Weber. "Weber on Weber":




I put it on my Weber "Q", so I don't have to bend over, and it keeps everything else from getting too hot:




Too small to go indirect:




I threw a couple of Cherry chunks in to get a little smoke going:




My favorite color-----"Meat"!
Just the right size for Me & Da Missus!




Nice Med-Rare-----Time to eat!!!

post #2 of 19

Ribeyes were meant for grilling!  That is my all time favorite steak to grill...God bless all those little veins of fat!

post #3 of 19

Love that pic of the smoke rising up. Got a nice subtle blue tint to it....

 

Are those sweet potato fries mixed in with regular fries?

post #4 of 19

I read the preview before opening the thread and was really wondering what a double stacked Weber was going to look like......lol

I need a steak like that soon.

post #5 of 19

That's a great looking meal Bear!

 

Thank you for sharing that with us.

 

Bill

post #6 of 19

Looks great Bear, I love using my Mini-WSM to do a smoke and reverse sear. I assume one of these is in your future...

 

700

 

Now that's a double decker Mini-WSM!

post #7 of 19

That was a real tasty looking meal there, Bear!  It's awful hard to beat a good ribeye...Thanks for sharing!  bravo.png

 

 

Red

post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post

Ribeyes were meant for grilling!  That is my all time favorite steak to grill...God bless all those little veins of fat!

 

Yup---Ribeyes/Prime Rib can't be beat by anything.

 

Bear

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger View Post

Love that pic of the smoke rising up. Got a nice subtle blue tint to it....

 

Are those sweet potato fries mixed in with regular fries?

 

Thanks Humdinger!!!

Yup---A little of each fries.

 

Bear

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutter View Post

I read the preview before opening the thread and was really wondering what a double stacked Weber was going to look like......lol

I need a steak like that soon.

 

Thanks Cutter!!!

 

Bear

post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSmoker64 View Post

That's a great looking meal Bear!

 

Thank you for sharing that with us.

 

Bill

 

 

Thanks Bill !!!

 

I appreciate it !!!

 

Bear

post #10 of 19

Yummmm.....I really think that a Rib Eye or a Delmonico (arent they basically the same cut) are the bestest steaks ever!

 

Have me drooling Bear!  drool.gif

 

Kat

post #11 of 19

That looks amazing. I was planning on doing my 2nd smoke this weekend but seems we are getting snow again tomorrow grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. This time last year I already had my pool opened :(

 

How much wood did you put on and did you soak them first? I ask cause last weekend when I did my first smoke I didn't have a nice blue smoke, I had bellows of smoke coming out of the vent on top. I tried dry chips and wet chips, nice smokey flavor but it was a bit too much smokey flavor.

 

Now, when are you making those again? I got my GPS ready for directions :) Snowmobile.gif

 

Barry

post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenRed View Post

That was a real tasty looking meal there, Bear!  It's awful hard to beat a good ribeye...Thanks for sharing!  bravo.png

 

 

Red

 

Thanks Red!!!

I totally agree!!!

 

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynN View Post

Yummmm.....I really think that a Rib Eye or a Delmonico (arent they basically the same cut) are the bestest steaks ever!

 

Have me drooling Bear!  drool.gif

 

Kat

 

Thanks Kat!!!

In my book they are the same. Also Prime Rib, except it's made in a roast, instead of sliced into steaks.

When Standing Rib is on sale around here, I usually get about 5 to 8 roasts about 5 or 6 pounds each, and about 10 slices into steaks, just for me & Mrs Bear.(like the two in this post)

 

Bear

post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwdragon View Post

That looks amazing. I was planning on doing my 2nd smoke this weekend but seems we are getting snow again tomorrow grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. This time last year I already had my pool opened :(

 

How much wood did you put on and did you soak them first? I ask cause last weekend when I did my first smoke I didn't have a nice blue smoke, I had bellows of smoke coming out of the vent on top. I tried dry chips and wet chips, nice smokey flavor but it was a bit too much smokey flavor.

 

Now, when are you making those again? I got my GPS ready for directions :) Snowmobile.gif

 

Barry

 

Yup, By this time last year, I had already mowed my yards twice!

Haven't mowed at all yet this year, but it's been raining for two days now & we just had 3 days in the 80s, so it will be soon. Temp is now back down to 40 though.

 

I only threw a couple of small dry chips in, so if they flared up, they wouldn't make much of a flame. I never soak chips. You could always put some chips in foil with holes in it. This would give you the smoke, without flare-ups.

 

Bear

post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Looks great Bear, I love using my Mini-WSM to do a smoke and reverse sear. I assume one of these is in your future...

 

700

 

Now that's a double decker Mini-WSM!


Do double stacked mini WSM's make a WSM? :)

post #15 of 19

I love rib eye steak!  Yours look great.  A couple of days ago I cold smoked one for an hour then reverse seared under and over chimney starters for high heat searing.

 

Tried to post a Q-View but for some darn reason I'm unable to post any photosth_crybaby2.gif.  Extremely frustated with problems I'm having posting photos.  Could use some help.

 

Anyhow, glad your rib eyes turned out so nice!

post #16 of 19

I dug my Smokey Joe out of the shed yesterday. It needed a little TLC cleaning. I made some burgers on it that evening.

post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBone View Post

I love rib eye steak!  Yours look great.  A couple of days ago I cold smoked one for an hour then reverse seared under and over chimney starters for high heat searing.

 

Tried to post a Q-View but for some darn reason I'm unable to post any photosth_crybaby2.gif.  Extremely frustated with problems I'm having posting photos.  Could use some help.

 

Anyhow, glad your rib eyes turned out so nice!

 

 

Thanks Jay!!!

 

Yours sounds Great too!!!

 

Maybe this thread will help you???

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/105799/posting-pictures

 

 

Bear

post #18 of 19

I read the thread that you provided regarding posting pictures.  No luck trying to copy and paste.  Tried the Insert Image icon just for the heck of it and low and behold I was able to successfully get an image (I selected the small size).  I was amazed that it worked so I tried again with large and medium size photos but this time after I saw a message that my downloads were successful no image appeared and the cursor was missing.  Now I can't insert small images either.

 

Don't know what to do.  Thanks for helping though!  Maybe one of the administrators can set me straight?

post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBone View Post

I read the thread that you provided regarding posting pictures.  No luck trying to copy and paste.  Tried the Insert Image icon just for the heck of it and low and behold I was able to successfully get an image (I selected the small size).  I was amazed that it worked so I tried again with large and medium size photos but this time after I saw a message that my downloads were successful no image appeared and the cursor was missing.  Now I can't insert small images either.

 

Don't know what to do.  Thanks for helping though!  Maybe one of the administrators can set me straight?

 

Yup---I'm sure one of them will be along to help you soon!!

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Ribeyes on my Smokey Joe