Not a stupid question. Mix up 1 gallon of the brine and put the meat in it. You can add enough meat to 1 gallon of brine so the meat stays submerged and fits loosely in the bucket. Put a ziplock bag full of water on top to keep the meat submerged.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tribute To My Pap - Dry Cured Ham, Sausage, CB, BBB, Dried Beef Last post on 5/19/14 at 5:38pm in Pork
- Picnic Ham? Last post on 12/25/14 at 6:13am in Curing
- Ham and Canadian Bacon with Pop's Brine and Pork Loin Last post on 11/2/13 at 8:15am in Smoking Bacon
- Canadian bacon, Ham from a loin and pulled ham from a pork butt Last post on 7/5/13 at 8:04am in Pork
- Pork Hams Butt with Pop's Brine (Pulled ham!) More! Last post on 3/21/14 at 10:48am in Pork
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit BoysLast edited: 4/28/11
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
- Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham By The Bbq Pit Boys
Canadian Bacon using Pop's Brine 2nd try - Page 4
Set up to brine 10 days. Many of the cooks are recommending 4 days max. I am using Meatheads recipe and he recommends 2 weeks. Any idea what is correct? Does 10 days make it too salty?
Follow the simple rule, 1/2 " thickness is 1 day, 3" =6 days + 2 days ( for safety). Then pull it and cut a piece out of the center and end. fry and taste. If it is not penetrated to center or salty enough put it back in the brine. Some people will go as long as 2 weeks.
- Canadian Bacon using Pop's Brine 2nd try
- › Mrs Bear's Surgery 5 minutes ago
- › G'day! 7 minutes ago
- › Another Brisket Story aka Brisket Redemption 8 minutes ago
- › New to smoking 10 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 2-door Propane problem 17 minutes ago
- › Lost Temperature Towards End of Smoking 25 minutes ago
- › Need some opinions 26 minutes ago
- › New smoker build TANK QUESTION 29 minutes ago
- › Very Particular Pulled Pork Not Pulling Question 53 minutes ago
- › 200 Gallon Oval Oil Tank Reverse Flow Smoker Build - 55 Gallon Drum... 57 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ