New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rice Crispies & snack mix - Page 2

post #21 of 39
yes... I am getting older and need glasses to read... but unless I didn't see it I didn't see any mention of how long in the smoker ? All's I seen was the rice crispies stay in a little longer than the snack mix... What can take place of the grain mill If you don't have one ?
post #22 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JckDanls 07 View Post

yes... I am getting older and need glasses to read... but unless I didn't see it I didn't see any mention of how long in the smoker ? All's I seen was the rice crispies stay in a little longer than the snack mix... What can take place of the grain mill If you don't have one ?

if you don't have a grain mill.

put them in a ziplok bag and use a rolling pin. works great on a lot of things.

happy smoken.

david

post #23 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JckDanls 07 View Post

yes... I am getting older and need glasses to read... but unless I didn't see it I didn't see any mention of how long in the smoker ? All's I seen was the rice crispies stay in a little longer than the snack mix... What can take place of the grain mill If you don't have one ?

 

Hey JckDanls 07 sorry for such a late response - I'm just getting back around after my accident. The snack mix I smoke for 2 hours & the rice crispies stay in for 3  thumb1.gif

post #24 of 39

I don't know how I missed this thread! Rice crispies th_dunno-1[1].gif Use like smoked panko  first.gif Dude B you da man! Genius!

post #25 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

I don't know how I missed this thread! Rice crispies th_dunno-1[1].gif Use like smoked panko  first.gif Dude B you da man! Genius!

 

Thanks Case!  biggrin.gif  It's easy to make & works great. It is nice to give to friends without smokers too so they can enjoy the smoked flavor on some stuff they make. It's an all around winner for me...  beercheer.gif

post #26 of 39

Good idea for the coating!

post #27 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanSomers View Post
 

Good idea for the coating!

 

Thanks - it works really good  Thumbs Up

post #28 of 39

awesome tip I'll try that THX!

post #29 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsmokeguy View Post
 

awesome tip I'll try that THX!

 

You're welcome  :beercheer:  Give it a try - it's a good coating thumb1.gif

post #30 of 39

Never seen such a thing but I bet it does work for breading. snack mix looks good 2

post #31 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeflover View Post
 

Never seen such a thing but I bet it does work for breading. snack mix looks good 2

 

Thanks man  :smile:  I like it a lot...

post #32 of 39

I made this 1st time today. I have it in a canning jar to keep. It smells good. I let you know how it works when I try it for a coating.

post #33 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanSomers View Post
 

I made this 1st time today. I have it in a canning jar to keep. It smells good. I let you know how it works when I try it for a coating.

 

Sounds good - I bet you like it...

post #34 of 39

I made this 2day again. Thanks again for this!

post #35 of 39

very interesting - I thought about trying this when my neighbor gave me some homemade chex mix for christmas.

 

I'll be monitoring this thread!

post #36 of 39

What is the spice mix you used on the snack mix?     They sure look delicious!.    And what temp did you smoke at? 

post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by whistech View Post
 

What is the spice mix you used on the snack mix?     They sure look delicious!.    And what temp did you smoke at? 

Unfortunately Smokin B has been MIA for a good while. I believe though that you can find his recipe in the following thread. Its a few posts in.

 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/132947/made-up-some-snack-mix-to-smoke

 

 

We miss you around here Smoking B!

post #38 of 39

Thank You Dirtsailor!     You guys are the friendliest and most helpful people I have ever ran across.

post #39 of 39

I have used Rice Crispies for coating oven baked chicken and liked it. Your idea of smoked Rice Crispies sounds great. But I went from Rice Crispies to Rice Checks a few years ago as the crushed grain bits are a bit crispier. I'd think the "open weave" of the Rice Checks would be receptive to smoking, so I will try that as soon as I get the chance.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fruit, Nuts & Vegetables