Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Final Smoked Salmon with recipe, instructions, and Qview Last post on 3/28/17 at 8:54am in Fish
- Smoked trout Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:32pm in Fish
- Tuna Last post on 12/19/14 at 6:50pm in Fish
- Hot Smoked Salmon Last post on 11/20/13 at 3:11pm in Fish
- Lox--From fish to dish. With Q-view Last post on 11/11/13 at 7:45am in Fish
Tuna Grilling Marinade
Last edited: 7/30/10
- Filleting A FishLast edited: 6/27/10
Bought this at Menards after returning a Traeger Texan to Costco. The Pitt Boss is a little smaller, has the broiler feature, has a upper cooking rack, has a shelf under the cook chamber is $400...
Unless you are cooking for 1 or 2, don't get this as your main grill/smoker. On the other hand, if you already have a larger grill/smoker that you use for big cooks and want something to use for...
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
- Filleting A Fish
Smoked Salmon Candy w/ Qview - Page 4
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Where do you find Cure #1? Can you find it in your local grocery store and is it called cure #1?
Thanks for your help and sorry for the dumb question. Looking to try this for the first time.
Making this recipe today, with the exception of using all brown sugar and using just plain old dark chili powder. I was amazed at the color it picked up. This is a picture as it's going in for some initial cold smoking.
Edit: I also cut the Prague powder down to the recommended teaspoon per 5# of meat ratio.
Edited by Big Nut Brewer - 12/18/16 at 6:14pm
Stan, if you scale the skin before you start this process, you will be very happy if you try it. Broiled Salo
N skin is really tasty
Great recipe, I smoked some this morning and it turned out nice. I don't have a cold smoke set up so I hot smoked it to about 150 and took it out. I did add a little bourbon to the maple syrup and that worked ok too. Really nice balance between salty and sweet and the subtle flavor of the NM chili is delicious. I used no skin from Cosco and it held together great. Thanks for the excellent recipe and guide. I couldn't help tasting before taking a picture.
What ratio of bourbon did you use?
I haven't been able to find any NM red chilli powder ( or any NMChilli powder) around here, I am probably going to order it online. And I'm thinking a bit of bourbon or maybe some Canadian whiskey would be great with the maple syrup.
Sorry for the ignorance but what is NM red Chilli?
Hey Rob, It's New Mexico Hatch chile pepper. grown in various regions of the state and south of the border. Usually it is ground with seeds from red or green hatch peppers, where as chile powder is a blend of ground chile's mixed together. The flavors are different and have different heat levels as well. I preferred the hatch or NM chile powder better when I last tried it.
- Smoked Salmon Candy w/ Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Step away from the pit! BBQ Shrimp, Cajun Style 6 minutes ago
- › Beef Short Plate 15 minutes ago
- › Hello from Washington! 16 minutes ago
- › Hello From Texas 31 minutes ago
- › (newbie) Vertical smoker (WSM) VS offset smoker 31 minutes ago
- › New to smoking from Panama City, FL 34 minutes ago
- › New Guy 37 minutes ago
- › South Florida Spring Gathering - Apr. 28-30 ("IT'S ON") 38 minutes ago
- › Hello from Southwest Mo!!! 38 minutes ago
- › Longtime Lurker, new member 41 minutes ago
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by tbdomenz
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › "Uncured" hot dogs, bacons
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients