Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Final Smoked Salmon with recipe, instructions, and Qview Last post on 11/17/16 at 8:00am in Fish
- Smoked trout Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:32pm in Fish
- Tuna Last post on 12/19/14 at 6:50pm in Fish
- Hot Smoked Salmon Last post on 11/20/13 at 3:11pm in Fish
- Lox--From fish to dish. With Q-view Last post on 11/11/13 at 7:45am in Fish
Tuna Grilling Marinade
Last edited: 7/30/10
- Filleting A FishLast edited: 6/27/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
- Filleting A Fish
Smoked Salmon Candy w/ Qview - Page 4
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Where do you find Cure #1? Can you find it in your local grocery store and is it called cure #1?
Thanks for your help and sorry for the dumb question. Looking to try this for the first time.
Making this recipe today, with the exception of using all brown sugar and using just plain old dark chili powder. I was amazed at the color it picked up. This is a picture as it's going in for some initial cold smoking.
Edit: I also cut the Prague powder down to the recommended teaspoon per 5# of meat ratio.
Edited by Big Nut Brewer - 12/18/16 at 6:14pm
Stan, if you scale the skin before you start this process, you will be very happy if you try it. Broiled Salo
N skin is really tasty
Great recipe, I smoked some this morning and it turned out nice. I don't have a cold smoke set up so I hot smoked it to about 150 and took it out. I did add a little bourbon to the maple syrup and that worked ok too. Really nice balance between salty and sweet and the subtle flavor of the NM chili is delicious. I used no skin from Cosco and it held together great. Thanks for the excellent recipe and guide. I couldn't help tasting before taking a picture.
What ratio of bourbon did you use?
I haven't been able to find any NM red chilli powder ( or any NMChilli powder) around here, I am probably going to order it online. And I'm thinking a bit of bourbon or maybe some Canadian whiskey would be great with the maple syrup.
Sorry for the ignorance but what is NM red Chilli?
Hey Rob, It's New Mexico Hatch chile pepper. grown in various regions of the state and south of the border. Usually it is ground with seeds from red or green hatch peppers, where as chile powder is a blend of ground chile's mixed together. The flavors are different and have different heat levels as well. I preferred the hatch or NM chile powder better when I last tried it.
- Smoked Salmon Candy w/ Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › German food fest at our neighbor's 11 minutes ago
- › Its that time again - Chili seeds just gone in 12 minutes ago
- › First time smoking "Dino Bones" 15 minutes ago
- › A Couple of Smoked Yardbirds, with Fixings 16 minutes ago
- › Beef ribs 17 minutes ago
- › Lasagna, Smoked Chicken Alfredo 20 minutes ago
- › Hello from Napa! 21 minutes ago
- › hey, I want to build this style of bbq pit for my business. 23 minutes ago
- › Canadian Bacon...Bear style 35 minutes ago
- › Wet curing a half leg of pork 40 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot
- › Smoking Log Template