Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Final Smoked Salmon with recipe, instructions, and Qview Last post on Yesterday at 3:32 pm in Fish
- Smoked trout Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:32pm in Fish
- Tuna Last post on 12/19/14 at 6:50pm in Fish
- Hot Smoked Salmon Last post on 11/20/13 at 3:11pm in Fish
- Lox--From fish to dish. With Q-view Last post on 11/11/13 at 7:45am in Fish
Tuna Grilling Marinade
Last edited: 7/30/10
- Filleting A FishLast edited: 6/27/10
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
- Filleting A Fish
Smoked Salmon Candy w/ Qview - Page 4
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Where do you find Cure #1? Can you find it in your local grocery store and is it called cure #1?
Thanks for your help and sorry for the dumb question. Looking to try this for the first time.
Making this recipe today, with the exception of using all brown sugar and using just plain old dark chili powder. I was amazed at the color it picked up. This is a picture as it's going in for some initial cold smoking.
Edit: I also cut the Prague powder down to the recommended teaspoon per 5# of meat ratio.
Edited by Big Nut Brewer - 12/18/16 at 6:14pm
Stan, if you scale the skin before you start this process, you will be very happy if you try it. Broiled Salo
N skin is really tasty
Great recipe, I smoked some this morning and it turned out nice. I don't have a cold smoke set up so I hot smoked it to about 150 and took it out. I did add a little bourbon to the maple syrup and that worked ok too. Really nice balance between salty and sweet and the subtle flavor of the NM chili is delicious. I used no skin from Cosco and it held together great. Thanks for the excellent recipe and guide. I couldn't help tasting before taking a picture.
What ratio of bourbon did you use?
I haven't been able to find any NM red chilli powder ( or any NMChilli powder) around here, I am probably going to order it online. And I'm thinking a bit of bourbon or maybe some Canadian whiskey would be great with the maple syrup.
Sorry for the ignorance but what is NM red Chilli?
Hey Rob, It's New Mexico Hatch chile pepper. grown in various regions of the state and south of the border. Usually it is ground with seeds from red or green hatch peppers, where as chile powder is a blend of ground chile's mixed together. The flavors are different and have different heat levels as well. I preferred the hatch or NM chile powder better when I last tried it.
- Smoked Salmon Candy w/ Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › We've all looked at these at least once and thought "Maybe?"... 1 minute ago
- › Eclipse Party Butt question??? 5 minutes ago
- › Final Smoked Salmon with recipe, instructions, and Qview 6 minutes ago
- › Neighbors ever complain about smoke??? 11 minutes ago
- › Garlic dill pickles UPDATE! READY TO EAT IN 3 DAYS WITH VAC CANISTER 11 minutes ago
- › Pork shoulder for pulled pork 13 minutes ago
- › My First Fatty (Breakfast) with QVue 22 minutes ago
- › Smoked " Chuckie ", Smoked Cheeseburgers, Smoked Stuffed Turkey... 23 minutes ago
- › SQWIBS Urban Garden Adventure 2017 26 minutes ago
- › smoker setup questions 27 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ