Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Final Smoked Salmon with recipe, instructions, and Qview Last post on Yesterday at 8:54 am in Fish
- Smoked trout Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:32pm in Fish
- Tuna Last post on 12/19/14 at 6:50pm in Fish
- Hot Smoked Salmon Last post on 11/20/13 at 3:11pm in Fish
- Lox--From fish to dish. With Q-view Last post on 11/11/13 at 7:45am in Fish
Tuna Grilling Marinade
Last edited: 7/30/10
- Filleting A FishLast edited: 6/27/10
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
- Filleting A Fish
Smoked Salmon Candy w/ Qview - Page 4
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Where do you find Cure #1? Can you find it in your local grocery store and is it called cure #1?
Thanks for your help and sorry for the dumb question. Looking to try this for the first time.
Making this recipe today, with the exception of using all brown sugar and using just plain old dark chili powder. I was amazed at the color it picked up. This is a picture as it's going in for some initial cold smoking.
Edit: I also cut the Prague powder down to the recommended teaspoon per 5# of meat ratio.
Edited by Big Nut Brewer - 12/18/16 at 6:14pm
Stan, if you scale the skin before you start this process, you will be very happy if you try it. Broiled Salo
N skin is really tasty
Great recipe, I smoked some this morning and it turned out nice. I don't have a cold smoke set up so I hot smoked it to about 150 and took it out. I did add a little bourbon to the maple syrup and that worked ok too. Really nice balance between salty and sweet and the subtle flavor of the NM chili is delicious. I used no skin from Cosco and it held together great. Thanks for the excellent recipe and guide. I couldn't help tasting before taking a picture.
What ratio of bourbon did you use?
I haven't been able to find any NM red chilli powder ( or any NMChilli powder) around here, I am probably going to order it online. And I'm thinking a bit of bourbon or maybe some Canadian whiskey would be great with the maple syrup.
Sorry for the ignorance but what is NM red Chilli?
Hey Rob, It's New Mexico Hatch chile pepper. grown in various regions of the state and south of the border. Usually it is ground with seeds from red or green hatch peppers, where as chile powder is a blend of ground chile's mixed together. The flavors are different and have different heat levels as well. I preferred the hatch or NM chile powder better when I last tried it.
- Smoked Salmon Candy w/ Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Backwoods Pro Jr 3 minutes ago
- › Big Poppa UDS Build with Pics 3 minutes ago
- › Bullwinkle bresaola 13 minutes ago
- › Post A Picture of Your COMPLETED Mini-WSM Here ! (Mini Weber... 31 minutes ago
- › Half N Half Saint Patricks Day Corned Beef. Now with the final report! 38 minutes ago
- › Small Garden in East Texas 41 minutes ago
- › If I had one last wish... 1 hour ago
- › Drill Bit 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Help! How in the world do I use this? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Electric Smokers ... Bradley vs Masterbuilt???? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives