Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Final Smoked Salmon with recipe, instructions, and Qview Last post on 2/21/17 at 6:15pm in Fish
- Smoked trout Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:32pm in Fish
- Tuna Last post on 12/19/14 at 6:50pm in Fish
- Hot Smoked Salmon Last post on 11/20/13 at 3:11pm in Fish
- Lox--From fish to dish. With Q-view Last post on 11/11/13 at 7:45am in Fish
Tuna Grilling Marinade
Last edited: 7/30/10
- Filleting A FishLast edited: 6/27/10
If you want a serious thermometer, this is for you. It comes with 2 meat probes & one air probe, also included is a USB charger. It also has an auxiliary plug that I don't know what it is for, but...
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
- Filleting A Fish
Smoked Salmon Candy w/ Qview - Page 4
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Where do you find Cure #1? Can you find it in your local grocery store and is it called cure #1?
Thanks for your help and sorry for the dumb question. Looking to try this for the first time.
Making this recipe today, with the exception of using all brown sugar and using just plain old dark chili powder. I was amazed at the color it picked up. This is a picture as it's going in for some initial cold smoking.
Edit: I also cut the Prague powder down to the recommended teaspoon per 5# of meat ratio.
Edited by Big Nut Brewer - 12/18/16 at 6:14pm
Stan, if you scale the skin before you start this process, you will be very happy if you try it. Broiled Salo
N skin is really tasty
Great recipe, I smoked some this morning and it turned out nice. I don't have a cold smoke set up so I hot smoked it to about 150 and took it out. I did add a little bourbon to the maple syrup and that worked ok too. Really nice balance between salty and sweet and the subtle flavor of the NM chili is delicious. I used no skin from Cosco and it held together great. Thanks for the excellent recipe and guide. I couldn't help tasting before taking a picture.
What ratio of bourbon did you use?
I haven't been able to find any NM red chilli powder ( or any NMChilli powder) around here, I am probably going to order it online. And I'm thinking a bit of bourbon or maybe some Canadian whiskey would be great with the maple syrup.
Sorry for the ignorance but what is NM red Chilli?
Hey Rob, It's New Mexico Hatch chile pepper. grown in various regions of the state and south of the border. Usually it is ground with seeds from red or green hatch peppers, where as chile powder is a blend of ground chile's mixed together. The flavors are different and have different heat levels as well. I preferred the hatch or NM chile powder better when I last tried it.
- Smoked Salmon Candy w/ Qview
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › BBQ, low carb and loving it 9 seconds ago
- › New smoker - looking for advice. 14 minutes ago
- › Chicken 17 minutes ago
- › Pork butt temp stall? 23 minutes ago
- › Hello from Central Cali 24 minutes ago
- › Bresaola 35 minutes ago
- › Coffee as a rub ingredient 39 minutes ago
- › Cleaning up your act - clean smoke is delicious smoke! 44 minutes ago
- › New from Utah 47 minutes ago
- › Cold smoked salmon during the chilly weather 47 minutes ago
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine