- 40 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: Texas
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Summer Sausage -Curley's Kit Last post on 2/26/14 at 11:35am in Sausage
- Sausage guy on NPR Last post on 10/13/13 at 5:51pm in Sausage
- Summer sausage and SALAMI Last post on 10/12/14 at 9:28am in Sausage
- Venison Smoked Kielbasa Last post on 5/12/13 at 7:39am in Sausage
- Amish Ring Bolonga -NEPAS recipe Last post on 3/8/13 at 8:46am in Sausage
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
First time smoking venison summer sausage with complete recipe and how to guide - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks for the recipe and the how to guide! I just bought a meat grinder and a MES 40, now all I need to do is kill a deer this weekend.
Brand new to smoking, so this will be my first adventure! Thanks again!
It looks like the low fat buttermilk was a liquid in this recipe. I dont see low fat buttermilk in a powder form although you can use saco cultured buttermilk in powder form for tang
I used step #6 as a means of cooking some vension summer sausage and came out with sausage with a thick tough exterior, about 1mm thick, but it still tasted great. Did you only put the water pan in after you raised the temperature to 170 degrees, or during the 4 hour smoke at 150 degrees? It doesn't really affect the flavor, it just get it like a beef jerky like exterior that still was really good. I used an AMZNPS and about a 65/35 blend of cherry/hickory in mine. One day i'll get around to trying this recipe in it's entirety.
That is such a fantastic tutorial and photo! Thank you for the step by step write up. I have never smoked or made sausage but have always wanted to. Have learned a lot from your post. Great looking summer sausage!
After looking at the pictures, I just had to try this. I had no luck in the deer hunt so no venison. I used three pounds of 80/20 ground beef. (that's all I had on hand) No buttermilk, so I soured some coffee cream not realizing that the culture was suppose to help the fermenting process.( I don't know whether this made any difference) Took it out of the smoker, cooled it in ice water and put it in the fridge to rest for two days. OMG!! I don't need any other recipe. I only made three pounds and with family and friends, it was gone immediately.My wife, who is European, said it was exactly like the smoked lunch meats she grew up on.
Starting another batch today. This time, five pounds.Again with the beef.
Thank you for posting this recipe.
- First time smoking venison summer sausage with complete recipe and how to guide
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Question About Curing Bacon - how long is too long? 8 minutes ago
- › Vents open or closed? 8 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone! 11 minutes ago
- › Hello all. 12 minutes ago
- › New Member 24 minutes ago
- › Morning, total rookie here in the smoking world. 37 minutes ago
- › Loin question 39 minutes ago
- › Sloppy Joe Button Buck 41 minutes ago
- › pellets vs chips ,Master built Sportsman Elite 30'' Electric Smoker 45 minutes ago
- › Everglades Bacon Medallions 50 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ