How to make Homemade Yogurt in you electric smoker.
1. Put 8 cups (or half a gallon) of milk in the crockpot. DO NOT use ultra-pasteurized milk
2. Turn the crockpot on low for about 2 1/2 hours to reach 180 deg. (Use those thermometers you all have so you don't even have to watch the clock!)
3. After it gets to temp. turn off and unplug the crockpot.
4. Add 1 cup powdered milk. 5. Let the crockpot sit and cool covered for about 3 hours to reach 115deg. Or remove ceramic insert and cool in sink with cool running water.
6. Take a cup or so of warm milk out of the crockpot and add one small container (or 1/2 cup) of store bought yogurt to the cup of warm milk. I used plain Greek yogurt.
7. Mix well and add this starter solution back into the crockpot and give a vigorous stir to mix all together.
8. Ladle into mason jars and cover tops of jars.
9. Place in preheated MES at 105deg for the next 8-10 hours. (I do it overnight)
10. Open up your MES and remove the jars. Let the jars rest on the kitchen counter for about 1 hour then refrigerate and enjoy!