I got a great deal on Black Friday on a masterbuilt cold smoker kit for my 30" digital smoker. It states on the outside of the box to be sure to read the owners manual before using but there was no manual in the box. I figured I could download a copy from Masterbuilts web site but they don't list one so I clicked on the "contact us" button and sent them an email explaining my problem. It's been 2 days now and I haven't heard anything back from them, does anyone know where I can get a copy of this manual?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hello from SoCal Last post on 12/20/14 at 10:51am in Roll Call
- better than masterbuilt? please? Last post on 1/27/16 at 7:59am in Electric Smokers
- new cold smoker Last post on 1/23/14 at 8:42pm in Bacon
- Dedicated whiskey barrel COLD smoker Last post on 1/19/14 at 2:51pm in Cheese
- I think I got a good MES 40 (gen I) Last post on 11/10/13 at 7:27pm in Electric Smokers
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
Masterbuilt cold smoker kit
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
If you can't get hold of Masterbuilt, I would try contacting this guy http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/130875/masterbuilt-cold-smoker-review
& see if he can help you out...
Thanks for the suggestion, I gave them a call and they emailed me the manual in PDF form, I had it 2 minutes after I got off the phone with them. The person I spoke with couldn't believe that they didn't have the manual on their website.
I apologize, it's been a hectic year and I totally forgot about this thread. I've been using the cold smoker all summer and it's fantastic. I use the heater in the smoker for cooking and the cold smoker for producing the smoke so yes gunrunner it will work like a pellet smoker. I can easily get hours of smoke out of the cold smoker, It's nice not having to run out and check to see if you need to add more chips. I found a nice cart at Sam's Club and mounted the smoker and cold smoker on it so now it's all one solid unit. I don't what else I can say about it, if anyone has any questions ask away. Here are two quick pictures I just took of it.
Thank you, I built it back in 1967 and if I had any idea back then that I would still be driving it when I was 70 years old I would have built a door into it.
Hey Telman2, if you dont mind...Im just trying to fiqure out how it works......do all the chips just pile up on top of a hot plate? And burn all at once? Or does it have some kind of feeder system?
Sorry to hit you with so many questions on this, is just that Ive really been thinking about ordering this and wonder if it will work for what I use this smoker for. Im just doing small batches of sausages at 165* and just like a very light smoke going across them. On my Mes 30 , Ive been loading just 4 or 5 apple chips every 30 to 40 minutes or so with the vent closed and its worked great, but if there is a way to adjust the amount of smoke, or how fast it burns the chips, I think this cold smoker might be nice to have on there. Plus, Ive started fabricating a cart for it, and need to change my design if Im going to add this to the smoker.
OK, my computer skills are very limited, if I knew how I would post a copy the manual (PDF) and the pictures alone would explain everything. So I'm going to have to do it the hard way with my pictures, I hope you can understand it.
First is a picture of the top of the chip chamber, you lift that silver cap off and pour the chips in.
Next I removed the chip chamber and you can see the burner at the bottom.
Here is the chamber that holds the chips, it is supported by that collar around it in the middle and sits over top of the burner.
This is the screen on the bottom on the chip chamber, it's pretty heavy duty and just slides off the chamber for cleaning.
Finally we have the drawer that catches the ashes, it just slides out for easy cleaning.
I hope this helps, again if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thats perfect, thanks again for your time and effort. I kept looking at the box at Bass pro trying to fiqure out how it worked, but your pics explain everything. I dont think it would take much to modify it for my needs and it would be easier than making something from scratch.
I honestly don't know how I did it but I managed to copy this parts list from the PDF. You remove the chip loader from the smoker then insert the mount tube (#9 in the picture) into the smoker. The J bolt #7 with a wing nut holds the two pieces together, if you look in the second picture above you can see the end of the hook on the left. I hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Yes that is the main reason I got it, I use the cold smoker to produce the smoke and the burner in the smoker to produce the heat. Aside from the fact that I don't have to keep running out to load more chips I found that I can get a lot more consistent temperatures on colder days with both burners going.
- Masterbuilt cold smoker kit
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Meat, Cats, and Guns oh my. 24 seconds ago
- › Turkey ribs 27 seconds ago
- › Cleaning the pot, Scrapping the pan, It's got to be done! 34 seconds ago
- › Chicken wings in the new MB elite 1 minute ago
- › What's your occupation? 2 minutes ago
- › Paul Bunyan Discada ? 3 minutes ago
- › Smokers, Whats your age and how long have you been smoking??? 4 minutes ago
- › Is the Sodium Phosphate necessary in a Bologna/Olive Loaf recipe? 9 minutes ago
- › Fully Insulated Gravity Fed Smoker 12 minutes ago
- › Smoking for the first time this weekend. Any recommendations? 16 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman