Okay so this is my first full year of working with my Masterbuilt vertical propane smoker.
Bunch of questions (sorry still new)
- I can hold a decent temp according to it but I really want to know where I am really at? (I go by feel then anything else) I will be putting in a oven one to check my temps. Is there a cheaper option maybe taking the door one out and replace with ???
- Water Pan lasts about two hours of smoking and needs a refill or I get a temp spike (seen the upgrade water pan idea I will be doing that)
- I use foil packs of chips so it does work pretty good not to much fire now (after I learned that)
- I do get a seep around the doors? I saw someone mention a gasket of felt? what kind?
- Maryland weather is diffrent the winters are cold (not like the Buffalo winters of my childhood) but still cold I was thinking of using a hot water tank blanket to wrap it? any ideas I want something that I can take off cause summer I can pretty much cook in it with the solar heat. (99-100 degrees)
I have done a lot in its this year and had a great time but just wanna keep taking it up a level
thanks in advance my emminent brothers in smoke