I decided to give Jeff's recipie from a current newsletter a try.
My family likes white meat,so I opted for a Turkey Breast as opposed to a whole bird
1. 3 day defrost in the fridge
2. Brining in a 2-1/2 gallon bag inside a 10 qt Stockpot, see you in 11 hours
3. Out of the brine, rinsed off, stuffed Butter-mixture under the skin
4. Into the smoker 240 degrees. It only took 4 hours to come up to temp of 165 IT
5. Wrapped in in foil for 30 minutes, then under the broiler for 4 minutes
6. Forgot photo of final product :-(
Conclusion: Wifey liked it well enough. It was tender, juicy, and had a nice smoke taste all the way to the bone.
I used my standard Rib-rub in both the Brine & onto the bird skin. She thought it might taste better with something a little less sweet
Edited by dad of four - 11/3/12 at 9:06pm