or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Cold Smoking › Cheese › Peacheese!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Peacheese!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

That's Peach and Cheese!

Up until now the only pellets I have used from Todd are the Pitmaster's Choice. Well I really like the PMC pellets but I wanted to try something different so this week I ordered an assortment from him. I was excited to try some cheese smoked with peach pellets. I really love the smell of the PMC smoke but let me tell you, The peach is wonderful! It is light and sweet! 

When I have smoked cheese with PMC before it was just a little strong for me and when I let the cheese rest it really had my whole house smelling really strong. I have the Peacheese resting right now and my house smells wonderful! 

Don't get me wrong I love the PMC on pork, beef and even chicken but was just a little much for me on cheese but i think I'm going to love this peach!

Now the hard part.....Yep the wait!

If you haven't tried the peach pellets from Todd, I think you should give them a try, from what I have smelled so far, they have to be Great!

 

 

post #2 of 17

Good Job Rookie!...Oops wait, your OTBS now...Oh well still some good lookin' Cheese. I will be trying some Peach on my next order. Thanks for the tip...JJ

post #3 of 17
In a couple weeks when the temp drops a little more here up north I'm gonna Doyle first cheese.


David
post #4 of 17

Dave 

Peach is good and will give you a nice smoke.

 

For something different mix apple and pecan next time - great flavor profile 

post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbelly View Post

Dave 

Peach is good and will give you a nice smoke.

 

For something different mix apple and pecan next time - great flavor profile 

Oh Thanks, now I have to buy more pellets!

post #6 of 17

I know a guy that can help with that biggrin.gif

post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbelly View Post

I know a guy that can help with that biggrin.gif

Hmmm...I might need to get his name!

 

I just vac/sealed all of it and I had to give it a try...even though it was just smoked last night it is really good! Not near as strong as the PMC. I think it is going to be awesome in a few weeks and even better in a few months. I have about 12# of cheese in my fridge right now, I wanted to get a lot so it will have more time to age, this should last me awhile and will just get better and better. Now if I can remember to not wait until I run out to do some more!

post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post

Good Job Rookie!...Oops wait, your OTBS now...Oh well still some good lookin' Cheese. I will be trying some Peach on my next order. Thanks for the tip...JJ

Rookie??? I just tied Gary in points!!!banana_smiley.gif

post #9 of 17

Sounds really good and looks great! Can't readily find peach here so I'm going to be placing an order with Todd after we're done with all the hunting.

post #10 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinHusker View Post

Sounds really good and looks great! Can't readily find peach here so I'm going to be placing an order with Todd after we're done with all the hunting.

Thanks Alesia!

 

Hey Dave, that should be worth 3 cents, dontcha think?

post #11 of 17

 that should be worth 3 cents, dontcha think?

 

Morning Dave..... Yes it should.....   You are even or ahead now.....   Peach just went into the "to buy from Todd list".....

post #12 of 17

Very nice I will have to try some

post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K9K View Post

Rookie??? I just tied Gary in points!!!banana_smiley.gif

I gave up on the points thing a long time ago - you go Dave 

Jimmy will tell you I can't cook anyhow

post #14 of 17

With Gary on points.

 

Its the pics that count.

 

Nice cheese neighbor

post #15 of 17

I like peach also. I have used Todd's peach dust on cheese and it is awesome. I like alder and maple on cheese also.

post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

 that should be worth 3 cents, dontcha think?

 

Morning Dave..... Yes it should.....   You are even or ahead now.....   Peach just went into the "to buy from Todd list".....

I'll be in debt for awhile but I'm working on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbelly View Post

I gave up on the points thing a long time ago - you go Dave 

Jimmy will tell you I can't cook anyhow

Yea I don't put much stock in the points either, I was just messing with JJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post

With Gary on points.

 

Its the pics that count.

 

Nice cheese neighbor

Thanks neighbor!

post #17 of 17

Wow Peach sounds like it will be wonderful.  I've been a Cherry man, but I think it's time for me to branch out.  I was thinking about mixing Apple and Pecan on my next run.  TY Scarbelly for the feedback on that flavor profile!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cheese
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Cold Smoking › Cheese › Peacheese!