Below is a plan I've put together. It's actually a combination of a few different plans. The horizontal chamber will be made of two 50 gallon barrels. I also want to add a vertical chamber in order to be able to do more volume. For practical purposes I need to put the main smokestack on the far side of the horizontal smoking chamber, and I would like to keep the firebox towards the middle of the unit if possible.
I have few questions about this design.
1. Do you think it will work?
2. Will the horizontal chamber be warm enough, and if not, what could I do to make it warmer?
3. Will the airflow through the vertical smoking chamber be sufficient?
4. Is the central firebox location ok? And if so, should I seal off the area to the left of the firebox inlet (where the drain is)?
5. Should I extend the main smokestack down into the smoking chamber a bit, and if so, how much?
This will be my first smoker build so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.