SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Preserving Food › Curing › Canadian Bacon by SQWIB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Canadian Bacon by SQWIB - Page 2

post #21 of 34
I enjoyed mine Sunday for brunch. It was amazing. Thanks for the wonderfully informative post. If anyone is thinking about making C.B. this is the way to do it!icon14.gif
post #22 of 34

Awesome Money Shots!!

 

Great Job Sqwib!!!

No Creosote! A-Maze-N Smokers

Reply
post #23 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT79 View Post

I enjoyed mine Sunday for brunch. It was amazing. Thanks for the wonderfully informative post. If anyone is thinking about making C.B. this is the way to do it!icon14.gif

Awesome, would love to see some pics.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJohnson View Post

Awesome Money Shots!!

 

Great Job Sqwib!!!

 

Thank you.

post #24 of 34

I just did the fry test and I could eat it all without smoking it biggrin.gif, I only had 7 days to brine but will put in the smoker in the am. thanks for the info definitely a winner!

post #25 of 34

Great recipe!  Thank you for the post.  I just tried CB for the fist time and it came out delicious.  Even my youngest daughter ate it, even though it came from Indiana and not Canada.

post #26 of 34
SQWIB, what a great tutorial! I started a 6 pounder cut in half on 1/16. I will take it out, rinse, and soak tomorrow. I will probably let it dry (pellicle formation) for two days, just because I won't have time to smoke it until Wednesday. I think I will make a glaze of maple syrup and coarse ground pepper and use a mix of cherry and apple pellets. I will let you know how it turns out.
post #27 of 34
Nice post and informative, great job icon14.gif. WHB
post #28 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Bryant View Post

SQWIB, what a great tutorial! I started a 6 pounder cut in half on 1/16. I will take it out, rinse, and soak tomorrow. I will probably let it dry (pellicle formation) for two days, just because I won't have time to smoke it until Wednesday. I think I will make a glaze of maple syrup and coarse ground pepper and use a mix of cherry and apple pellets. I will let you know how it turns out.

 

Yep. you want that pellicle, cant wait to see the final product!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Nice post and informative, great job icon14.gif. WHB

 

Thank you

post #29 of 34

VERY NICE, HAVE MADE FOR YEARS, DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE CANADIAN'S KEEP PAYING BIG BUCKS FOR IT IN CANADA? LOVE IT!

post #30 of 34
Can honestly say I've never bought "Canadian" Bacon. The only time I've ever eaten it was in an American mess hall in Khandahar...and it was more like slices of deli ham... Until I joined the forum and made some myself :)
post #31 of 34

I spend my summers in Canada so kind of grew up on it. They call it PeaMeal from the corm meal they roll it in. Can also make a cottage roll from the Mortains cure. Made with a shoulder or butt. Then boil with cabbage. Quit good for an English meal.

post #32 of 34
SQWIB, I smoked the CB today. I did a thread on it entitled Canadian Bacon ala SQWIB. Thanks again for a great tutorial.
post #33 of 34

Walmart started these little grocery stores.  Well, we have one close.  It is selling pork loin portions for $1.98 lb, which is cheaper than Sam's.  Little salt, sugar, nitrite and you have yourself some Canadian bacon.

post #34 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Bryant View Post

SQWIB, I smoked the CB today. I did a thread on it entitled Canadian Bacon ala SQWIB. Thanks again for a great tutorial.

 

Great post just read it!

 

You're gonna love it!

 

it!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Curing
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Preserving Food › Curing › Canadian Bacon by SQWIB