My new Yoder YS640 (with comp cart) pellet popper arrived today, 24 hours earlier than I had been hoping! I can't say enough good things about Don Cary and the team at Yoder (and All Things BBQ, also owned by Don) unbelievable customer service, and extremely pleasant to work with.
This unit is every bit as hunking/massive/burly/beefy/tough as I've heard, and was hoping for. I ran out of time tonight before I could get the initial burn done, had to get the little man off to bed for school tomorrow :) but will get er' cranking tomorrow.
Came with 40# of Hickory BBQers Delight, and I ordered the following, to be ready to roll...my better half thinks I'm starting a catering company in the garage (when's the health department coming to do the initial inspection so you can get your license, LOL);
- 40# Mesquite from Big Poppa...got em for a buck a lb. with shipping...I really love mesquite
- 40# Cookin Pellets - Perfect Mix from a local dealer here in KC, great guy who's father competes with Todd from A-Maze-N
- 40# Lumberjack from the same local source
- 18" A-Maze-N Tube Smoker - just for fun
- 4# Jack Daniels pellets (novelty)
- Maverick ET-732
- Thermoworks Pro BBQ Kit, tripod, case (good deal over there at thermoworks.com...$30 off, total was $300 with shipping)
- PLUS all of the cooking crap I've accumulated over the years, I am so over prepared it is ridiculous.
So I have 164# of pellets on the ground, enough temperature monitoring equipment to do NASA proud, a massive smoker ready for the Q-Day invasion of flavor town, I think I will call her "Deuce", short for deuce and a half...this thing would looks boss in olive drab with some well placed black stencil lettering.
Good stuff, pictures to follow.