or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › how to Braid Brats video
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

how to Braid Brats video

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

Made some brats today did a little video on how to do a braid,

hope you enjoy the video

 


Edited by jrod62 - 5/5/12 at 1:22pm
post #2 of 16

This is the way its done in a sausage production facility:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33m3TNet-sQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1

 

It's the way my dad taught me, also.

 

By no means to diminish your video, but try practicing it this way, you get more links in less time.

post #3 of 16

Nice Vid Jrod..................... Will give it a try some time

 

Joe

post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boykjo View Post

Nice Vid Jrod..................... Will give it a try some time

 

Joe

thanks , I use my phone for a lot of the pictures that I post on here. My wife was using it to take pictures of making the links. I told her do a video of it.

not bad coming from a phone.

post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops6927 View Post

This is the way its done in a sausage production facility:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33m3TNet-sQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1

 

It's the way my dad taught me, also.

 

By no means to diminish your video, but try practicing it this way, you get more links in less time.

thanks,  I will try it that way next time.

post #6 of 16

Nice video! Thanks 

post #7 of 16

Jrod, eveining and thanks for the video..... I love this forum.....  

post #8 of 16

Old world style. Now try the 3 link bunch.

 

I think there is a video of braiding done at the NF Gathering sausage.gif

post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP61 View Post

Nice video! Thanks 

thanks ,

post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post

Old world style. Now try the 3 link bunch.

 

I think there is a video of braiding done at the NF Gathering sausage.gif

can you post the ling Rick

post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boykjo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post

Old world style. Now try the 3 link bunch.

 

I think there is a video of braiding done at the NF Gathering sausage.gif

can you post the ling Rick

X 2 . Would love to see the video on that !!! 

hope next year we can make it to the NF Gathering

post #12 of 16

That was very helpful jrod. Thanks for posting that.

post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam3 View Post

That was very helpful jrod. Thanks for posting that.

Your welcome. Just don't over stuff the casing. All the ones in the video started out as one long casing.
Busted one open when I started the first few links. Had to restart the video. I said a few bad words devil.gif
post #14 of 16

great video got some idea .thanks

post #15 of 16

Awesome jrod, thanks for posting! 

 

Man, that guy in the second video has done that a time or two! I bet he could do that in his sleep. 

post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by boykjo View Post

can you post the ling Rick

sumosmoke was recording it

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › how to Braid Brats video