or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Cheese › Cheese Fest w/ Q-View
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cheese Fest w/ Q-View

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Just smoked 8 lbs of cheese - Pepper Jack - Colby Jack - Mild Cheddar - Sharp Cheddar-  The AMNS worked perfect again. I used a mix of hickory & maple dust.S__4928.jpgS__A929.jpgS__2528.jpgS__9529.jpg

post #2 of 12
Looks good icon14.gif
I need to smoke some more before i run out
post #3 of 12

Looks great!

 

What is your smoker?  Did you fire it up or use only the AMNS and dust?  How long did you smoke it?  Do you smoke to an IT or just by eye?

 

Inquiring minds and all that.

post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbithutch View Post

Looks great!

 

What is your smoker?  Did you fire it up or use only the AMNS and dust?  How long did you smoke it?  Do you smoke to an IT or just by eye?

 

Inquiring minds and all that.

 

  Smoker is Master Forge-  Did not fire it up. AMNS only with maple & hickory dust - Smoked it for 4 1/2 hrs

post #5 of 12

What was the outside temperature there? I would like to try cheese sometime but I just think it's too warm here in Ga.

post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K9K View Post

What was the outside temperature there? I would like to try cheese sometime but I just think it's too warm here in Ga.

 


I did this last night and outside temp was 70-75

post #7 of 12

I guess I could do it at night, don't know why I didn't think of that. Hmmmm just another reason to talk myself into an AMNPS!

post #8 of 12

Great looking cheese smoke. Congrats 

 

S2K9K you can always add an ice pan to the smoker to help keep the box temps down or some folks freeze a 2 liter bottle of water and stick in the box

post #9 of 12

Great looking cheese. 

post #10 of 12

Nice Color!!

 

 

Todd

No Creosote! A-Maze-N Smokers

Reply
post #11 of 12

wow, 4 1/2 hours! I made my first batch (only 2lbs) a month ago and let them go for 3. Guess I'll have to leave a few pieces on for a bit longer next time

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowderpants View Post

wow, 4 1/2 hours! I made my first batch (only 2lbs) a month ago and let them go for 3. Guess I'll have to leave a few pieces on for a bit longer next time

 


I have done several batches and always go 4 - 4 1/2 hrs.  I then vacuum seal the blocks and put in the fridge for at least 12 days before consumption. Haven't had a bad batch yet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cheese
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Cheese › Cheese Fest w/ Q-View