STOP ME FROM MAKING IT!
Microwave Chili-Lime-Ginger Beef Jerky
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- In a blender, combine the garlic, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice and salt and puree until smooth. Add the lime zest and crushed red pepper and pulse to combine. Transfer the marinade to a large bowl.
- On a cutting board, using the tenderizer side of a meat pounder, lightly pound the steak strips to a scant 1/8-inch thickness. Add the strips to the marinade and turn to coat thoroughly. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Arrange half of the flank steak strips on a microwave-safe bacon rack or over 2 inverted ice cube trays and cover them with dry paper towels. Microwave at high power for about 2 minutes. Repeat once or twice more (depending on the strength of the microwave), turning the steak strips once or twice, until they begin to caramelize and appear leathery. If the strips aren’t yet leathery, microwave them in 1-minute bursts at high power until they are. Transfer the beef jerky to a plate and repeat with the remaining steak strips.
The beef jerky can be refrigerated for 2 weeks.
I can't help but wonder what they were thinking of when someone made this