or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Beef Finger Ribs - Q-View
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beef Finger Ribs - Q-View

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

I usually cook pork ribs, but the wife wanted beef ribs. We picked up these beef finger ribs for about $1.50 a pound. Figured that was cheap enough for a test.

 

I smoked them on my Masterbuilt Propane XL at 225 degree's. I used the 2-2-1 method. I had never tried that before. I usually cook them the whole time uncovered. Wife was skeptical but I wanted to try that.

 

I seasoned the meat with Sea Salt, Coarse Black Pepper and Powdered Garlic.

 

I used Oak chunks for the smoke. I had smoke going the whole time.

 

Here are the final pics..

 

Phil

 

DSCN0149.JPG

 

DSCN0151.JPG

 

Wife loved them.. I think next time I will do the 3-2-1.. We like our meat done a bit more than most people..

post #2 of 18

Boy you got that smoke ring down. I was just looking, no admiring, your brisket post with your new smoker. I just can't get over that smoke ring on your briskets!

 

I like the comment "we like our meat done a bit more that most people" in both of your posts.

 

BTW- I have family in Zapata and when you say Your from "Deep South Texas" I know what you mean.

 

Thanks for the post.

I think I'm going to put this pic of your brisket on my computer desktop:

 

Phils Brisket.jpg

 

 

post #3 of 18

Now that's some fine looking meat. Love the smoke ring.

post #4 of 18

Very, very nice!!

 

  2thumbs.gif  on the smoke ring

post #5 of 18

Looks good, Beef ribs on my menu tomorrow night, was gonna do them today but didn't have enough time.

post #6 of 18

it looks great

 

post #7 of 18

Awesome looking ribs Phil!

post #8 of 18
Ribs looks great drool.gif
post #9 of 18

Looks good I would love a plate of that.

post #10 of 18

Nothing wrong with that pictureLooks-Great.gif

post #11 of 18

Those ribs look delicious!!!

drool.gif

post #12 of 18

It makes me think I bought the wrong MasterCraft smoker.  Everything looks perfect.  This brisket looks outstanding.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittling Chip View Post

Boy you got that smoke ring down. I was just looking, no admiring, your brisket post with your new smoker. I just can't get over that smoke ring on your briskets!

 

I like the comment "we like our meat done a bit more that most people" in both of your posts.

 

BTW- I have family in Zapata and when you say Your from "Deep South Texas" I know what you mean.

 

Thanks for the post.

I think I'm going to put this pic of your brisket on my computer desktop:

 

Phils Brisket.jpg

 

 



 

post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 

If I knew you were going to use the pic as your desktop I would have wiped off the plate first.. lmao Thanks for the compliment..

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittling Chip View Post

Boy you got that smoke ring down. I was just looking, no admiring, your brisket post with your new smoker. I just can't get over that smoke ring on your briskets!

 

I like the comment "we like our meat done a bit more that most people" in both of your posts.

 

BTW- I have family in Zapata and when you say Your from "Deep South Texas" I know what you mean.

 

Thanks for the post.

I think I'm going to put this pic of your brisket on my computer desktop:

 

Phils Brisket.jpg

 

 



 

post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinHusker View Post

Now that's some fine looking meat. Love the smoke ring.



Thank you..



Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor700 View Post

Very, very nice!!

 

  2thumbs.gif  on the smoke ring



Thank you..



Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySmoker View Post

Looks good, Beef ribs on my menu tomorrow night, was gonna do them today but didn't have enough time.



Good luck on the ribs..



Quote:
Originally Posted by africanmeat View Post

it looks great

 



Thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Awesome looking ribs Phil!



Thank you....



Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod62 View Post

Ribs looks great :drool


Wife thought so.. Thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by ECTO1 View Post

Looks good I would love a plate of that.



Wife loved them.. Little boy wouldn't even taste them.. :(



Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzlefry View Post

Those ribs look delicious!!!

drool.gif



Thanks

 

post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 

Is your smoker electric or propane? I have both & prefer the propane..

 

Thanks for the compliments..

 

Phil

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redclaymud View Post

It makes me think I bought the wrong MasterCraft smoker.  Everything looks perfect.  This brisket looks outstanding.


 



 



 

post #16 of 18

The ribs and brisket look great Phil!  Very nice smoke ring on both.  Nice job indeed!

 

-Salt

post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 

Thank you very much GrayStratCat..

post #18 of 18

Looks very nice!!grilling_smilie.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Beef Finger Ribs - Q-View