or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Roast ready for tomorrow!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roast ready for tomorrow!!!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

RoasBeef t.  My own rub I have made with stuff in the cupboard.  This will be my first roast that I have smoked. 

Roast.JPG

Roast2.JPG

 

Will post picture before and after tomorrow. 

 

Most recent Pictures. 

 

Getting ready for smoker

Roast 3.JPG

 

And in the smoker its goes.

Roast 4.JPG

 

And finished Product.  Turn out perfect to me.

Roast5.JPGRoast 6.JPG


Edited by HandCannon32x - 2/1/12 at 11:41am
post #2 of 17

Look like your on the right track always rememberth_nopicsye3.gifgood luck cant wait to here from ya......

 

post #3 of 17
What cut is it and do you plan to pull or slice it? We'll be watching. icon14.gif
post #4 of 17

If you still have time... Give this a try...JJ

Smokey Au Jus

 

1- Lg Onion,

4-5 Carrots,

3-4 Ribs Celery

3-4 Peeled Cloves of Garlic

Toss them in a pan under the Beef, and let the whole deal Smoke for one hour,

THEN add 4-6 Cups Beef Broth,

2 Tbs Tomato Paste,

1/2tsp Dry Thyme (4-5 sprigs Fresh)

1-2 ea Bayleaf

Finish the Smoking process to the IT you want.

While the Roast is resting, dump the pan juices veggies and all into a 2-3Qt Sauce pot and add 1Cup Red Wine, something you like to drink, and bring the Jus to a boil, lower the heat and simmer 20-30 minutes. Strain out the veggies and let the Jus rest a minute or so for the Fat to rise. Skim off the bulk of the fat then using strips of paper towel laid on top of the Jus then quickly removed, take off the last little bit of fat.

The purpose of Smoking the Vegetable for 1 hour before adding the Broth and Herbs is...The Smoked vegetables Roast in the Dry heat concentrating their Flavors and Sweetness giving the finished Jus a Richer, Deeper, Full Flavor.

Serve the sliced Beef Au Jus or thicken the Jus to make Gravy.

post #5 of 17

Looks like a good start!

post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeznuts View Post

What cut is it and do you plan to pull or slice it? We'll be watching. icon14.gif



Um, I am not exactly what cut it is.  I bought half a cow and some werent labled and this was one of them.  I believe its a arm roast but I am not 100% sure. 

I am also planning on slicing it.  I will get pictures up after I pull it out and after I slice it. 

 

post #7 of 17

Is that a bone in the middle or a chunk of fat ???

post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Colwell View Post

Is that a bone in the middle or a chunk of fat ???



It's a bone...That is a Cross cut of part of one of the Legs...Think Giant Ham Steak...JJ

 

post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandCannon32x View Post



Um, I am not exactly what cut it is.  I bought half a cow and some werent labled and this was one of them.  I believe its a arm roast but I am not 100% sure. 

I am also planning on slicing it.  I will get pictures up after I pull it out and after I slice it. 

 


If you are going to Slice it...Seperate it into individual muscles along the natural seperations, after you Smoke it. Lay these pieces side ways and then slice thinly across the grain, you will have long strips rather then small squares...It will be much more tender this way...JJ
 

 

post #10 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post


If you are going to Slice it...Seperate it into individual muscles along the natural seperations, after you Smoke it. Lay these pieces side ways and then slice thinly across the grain, you will have long strips rather then small squares...It will be much more tender this way...JJ
 

 



Thank you for the tip JJ.  Very much appreciated.

post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 

More pictures are up!

post #12 of 17

Looks-Great.gif

post #13 of 17
Does look good drool.gif
post #14 of 17

It looks to be an arm roast. It would be from one of the front legs.

post #15 of 17

Yes, that is a short cut arm shoulder roast.

post #16 of 17

Looks like it turned out good!

post #17 of 17

Nice job !  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Roast ready for tomorrow!!!