or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Chicken and kugel in wood oven W/Qview
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chicken and kugel in wood oven W/Qview

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

 

I got the urge to light the pizza oven this weekend and do a bird or two

And for a change no potato’s or bread this time .

This time I did kugel (a Marconi dish) one savory and one sweet for  Desert.

Two birds one in a Peri Peri sauce and one in my  beer sauce .

The savory kugel with fried onion  salt and b pepper

The sweet one with sugar almonds cinnamon  and cranberry

First the fire 

DSC06817.JPG

 

DSC06813.JPG

 

DSC06819.JPG

The sauce 

DSC06784.JPG

 

DSC06785.JPG

 

DSC06786.JPG

 

The Kugel

 

DSC06791.JPG

 

Savory

 

DSC06792.JPG

 

DSC06793.JPG

 

DSC06795.JPG

 

DSC06796.JPG

 

Sweet

 

DSC06799.JPG

 

DSC06801.JPG

 

 

DSC06795.JPG

 

DSC06802.JPG

 

DSC06825.JPG

 

DSC06829.JPG

 

DSC06831.JPG

 

DSC06832.JPG

 

DSC06833.JPG

 

DSC06834.JPG

Chicken kugel and Chili caviar

 

DSC06836.JPG

 

The sweet Kugel

 

DSC06838.JPG

 

Thanks for looking

 

 

post #2 of 18

It looks awesome Ahron! I've never had kugel before. Your oven is really nice too!!

post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 

Thanks AL kugel is a great side  dish and it is change from the norm .

post #4 of 18

Ahron, morning...  Blintzes... Kugel..... Where's your Tzimes recipe...  I think our ancestors were neighbors...  Dave

post #5 of 18

Looks-Great.gif looks great Ahron thanks for posting it up!  I love that oven thumb1.gif

post #6 of 18

That all looks so good!  drool.gif

 

I love the oven too! Thanks for sharing!

post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

Ahron, morning...  Blintzes... Kugel..... Where's your Tzimes recipe...  I think our ancestors were neighbors...  Dave



 Thanks yeah maybe  the Tzimes post will be in april biggrin.gif

 

post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunman76 View Post

Looks-Great.gif looks great Ahron thanks for posting it up!  I love that oven thumb1.gif


 Thanks a wood oven is fun
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TWIG View Post

That all looks so good!  drool.gif

 

I love the oven too! Thanks for sharing!



Thanks it was good it's  finished

 

post #9 of 18

Dang it you had to fire up that dang oven while I am in the holding pattern on mine and cant do anything with it LOL 

 

Looking great Ahron and I am jealous 

post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbelly View Post

Dang it you had to fire up that dang oven while I am in the holding pattern on mine and cant do anything with it LOL 

 

Looking great Ahron and I am jealous 



 Gary i did it for you so you will see it is worth the wait biggrin.gif did you got the mail?

 

post #11 of 18

looks fantastic !

 

 

Any chance you can post  recipes  drool.gif

post #12 of 18

Looks great! I liked the chili caviar,googled it and seen your post on how to make it.

post #13 of 18

Man that is an awesome oven.  How long did it take to build..   Amazing looking meal.    bravo.png

post #14 of 18

I love that oven..I think I want one now! All looks delicious!

post #15 of 18

 Great job looks brilliantdrool.gif.OK now Im inspired to crank up the wood fired oven that I  built in the backyard.,years ago.Its been a bit neglected .If it ever stops raining that is .Wettest summer on record. Might do some North African chicken or maybe some jerk goat.

My oven is a little different to yours design wise but cooks the same.Sometimes wish I  didnt build it so big.

.

post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX210 View Post

looks fantastic !

 

 

Any chance you can post  recipes  drool.gif



    Thanks .

the peri peri sauce is from a company  nando's you add water salt and b pepper ,the beer one is a great one one beer 4 cloves of garlic crashed ,oregano,Rosemary.time salt pepper .

you Leave the chicken for 4 hours in the sauce you caver it wit foil. and put in the oven 45 minutes uncover and Leave it till it is Raddy.

 

post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moikel View Post

 Great job looks brilliantdrool.gif.OK now Im inspired to crank up the wood fired oven that I  built in the backyard.,years ago.Its been a bit neglected .If it ever stops raining that is .Wettest summer on record. Might do some North African chicken or maybe some jerk goat.

My oven is a little different to yours design wise but cooks the same.Sometimes wish I  didnt build it so big.

.


 Thanks  Moikel i saw your smoker and it looks great. it is fun working with a wood fire oven and bigger is better
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySmoker View Post

Looks great! I liked the chili caviar,googled it and seen your post on how to make it.


Thanks .did you try to do it ?
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Daddy View Post

Man that is an awesome oven.  How long did it take to build..   Amazing looking meal.    bravo.png


  All in all with the grill it was  5 weeks
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by berninga87 View Post

I love that oven..I think I want one now! All looks delicious!


   Thanks
 

 

post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanmeat View Post



 Gary i did it for you so you will see it is worth the wait biggrin.gif did you got the mail?

 



Yes - thanks - Mouth is still watering seeing that cook

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Chicken and kugel in wood oven W/Qview