Yesterday I mixed up my first batch of Italian Sausage. This morning the wife and I stuffed it and had some for dinner tonight. It turned out pretty good for a first batch. We will definately be making more and trying different recipes. This was a 2 lb. batch and they were stuffed into 33 MM collogen casings.
As usual I forgot pictures of getting it mixed, but did remember some today during stuffing.
All mixed and ready to sit in the fridge over night.
2 lbs. doesn't look like much in there.
And here we go stuffing and tying. Wasn't sure about twisting the collogen so we just tied them.
We only ended up with 8 links and 1 patty from the 2 lbs. When we find one we really like we'll do bigger batchs.
The LEM stuffer cleans itself out pretty good.
And the final picture! This was dinner tonight!