SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › lactic acid starter culture
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

lactic acid starter culture - Page 2

post #21 of 29

We all like photos.

 

If we were big guy sausage companies we would not be here, We would be taking your $$ at the stores with an inferior sausage product.

 

So y'all home sausage makers post some pics and let us all drool.

 

OR

 

th_nopicsye3.gif

post #22 of 29

Yep,

 

Big difference doing something to make a living and doing something for the fun and experience of doing it.  I don't make much money with my smoking and sausage making efforts but I do make a lot of smiles!

post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by alblancher View Post

Yep,

 

Big difference doing something to make a living and doing something for the fun and experience of doing it.  I don't make much money with my smoking and sausage making efforts but I do make a lot of smiles!



Same here.

 

Just some pocket change to replenish items.

post #24 of 29

This has been very informative thread. I don't make sausage yet but plan too as soon as I get the equipment required together. That's a slow process., when you have limited funds. When that time comes I will be enlisting the help from all you sausage experts. Till that time I will keep reading and gathering knowledge on sausage making. 

post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprky View Post

This has been very informative thread. I don't make sausage yet but plan too as soon as I get the equipment required together. That's a slow process., when you have limited funds. When that time comes I will be enlisting the help from all you sausage experts. Till that time I will keep reading and gathering knowledge on sausage making. 



I agree with Sprky, that this has been very informative. I've only made snack sticks twice (one with elk-turned out very good with an LEM Hand Grinder, duck not so good with LEM #8 Electric Grinder) using the info from Nepas, SausageBoy, Alblancher and others I may not have mentioned. If it had not been for you guys, I would never have even thought about trying to make sausage, nor would I have purchased the electric grinder or the sausage stuffer. 

 

My hat is off to all the knowledgeable and experienced sausage makers on here for your patience and help!!!!!!

post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 

thanks solar and sorry sausageboy for any grief caused you , you cant put a emotion or feeling with written text  i am sure u misunderstood some one  all is good  bro! dont go any where

post #27 of 29

As DiggingDog mentioned earlier...........

Ya might want to use less cure then the recipe shows. That amount would put you at almost double the recommended allowable amount.

 

The couple of ingredient lists I found online for Slim Jims  list malic acid, which is similar to citric acid.


Edited by DanMcG - 1/26/12 at 4:18am
post #28 of 29

I have  recipe for making Genoa Salami and it calls for dextrose, lactic starter, and cure  #2.  I am not making a whole lot to start with only about 5lbs.  Any comments and where do I find the cures in small amounts?

post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Bombardo View Post
 

I have  recipe for making Genoa Salami and it calls for dextrose, lactic starter, and cure  #2.  I am not making a whole lot to start with only about 5lbs.  Any comments and where do I find the cures in small amounts?

TheSausageMaker has supplies and supports this forum....

http://www.sausagemaker.com/meatcuring.aspx

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › lactic acid starter culture