or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › ABT's › ABT's will make you famous
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ABT's will make you famous

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

Not kidding,

  everytime we have any kind of get together almost all involved ask if I will make "those peppers", can be disheartening at times though.  Yous spend hours making a tender juicy, smoked just right brisket and what do people rave about... the ABT's..lol  but there is no easier way to make great appetizers that most love...  LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY ABT!!!

post #2 of 19

Well, you gotta' admit they're mighty tasty.  

 

Curt.

post #3 of 19

LOL I can relate all too well. I made ABT'S for the first time quite awhile back, Dec. of 2009 to be exact.  Since that time 99% of the time if the smokers going there is ABT'S in it as well. My wife requests them for potlucks. My entire family request them. My son requested I make them for his football banquet, we made 10 pounds and there were none left. It seams the requests never stop, and grow every time I take them somewhere.

post #4 of 19

I have to agree with you guys,  I have made them quite a few times and everytime people make comments like " you should market these!!"

post #5 of 19

I was out at a grill tonight and had two people stop me to say they had heard about the ABTs I did last week and could they be invited the next time I do some.  Weird!

 

Word gets around.

 

Curt.

post #6 of 19

Same thing happens here, so when we have guests I make them every time or they get disappointed.

post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBombersfan View Post

I have to agree with you guys,  I have made them quite a few times and everytime people make comments like " you should market these!!"

The coach of my sons FB team said the exact same thing to me, and added he would be my #1 customer. 
 

 

post #8 of 19

I still have to do some of these on the old to do list

post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post

Not kidding,

  everytime we have any kind of get together almost all involved ask if I will make "those peppers", can be disheartening at times though.  Yous spend hours making a tender juicy, smoked just right brisket and what do people rave about... the ABT's..lol  but there is no easier way to make great appetizers that most love...  LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY ABT!!!


Ran into the same situation this past weekend.  I made ABT's using Flash's recipe and they immediately disappeared!

 

post #10 of 19

ABT'S = good drool.gif

 

They never last at are house!

post #11 of 19

You are going to love this. Our 4H kids donated a dinner for 10 for a fund raiser. The dinner is this weekend and the person who bought the dinner selected German food AND please make a batch of ABT's for the appetizer. Talk about a disjointed meal LOL

post #12 of 19

Maybe someone should figure out how to make a brisket stuffed with ABT's.  Might be the most delicious thing ever biggrin.gif

post #13 of 19

Sauerbraten, rotkol, klase and...ABTs? Disjointed all right. Sounds good to me though.

post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alelover View Post

Sauerbraten, rotkol, klase and...ABTs? Disjointed all right. Sounds good to me though.



Yup and all tasty - We just added Clams Casino to the appetizers and an asparagus amuse bouche so this is really getting fun 

post #15 of 19

I have a great recipe for Kartoffelklösse. From my mother's German grandmother.

post #16 of 19

Man i can't even pronounce those names..lol

 

hope we get a post with some "K" view...icon_lol.gif

post #17 of 19

I have some pics somewhere but not of the whole procedure. It's just a german potato dumpling.

post #18 of 19

Next time I make them I will document the process.

post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alelover View Post

I have a great recipe for Kartoffelklösse. From my mother's German grandmother.



Hey Scott 

Lets go to PM - we are hijacking this thread - love to see that recipe 

Gary

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: ABT's
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › ABT's › ABT's will make you famous