or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › snack sticks went in at 10:00 CST with Q view
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

snack sticks went in at 10:00 CST with Q view

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

Like it says made them last night mixed together at 9:00pm and now in the smoker at 10:00amCST

 

402153_343198315692722_100000076680209_1437457_1407119465_n.jpg

IMG_2039.JPG

post #2 of 17

Nice !

 

are you running that MES from a PID system?

 

post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Casino View Post

Nice !

 

are you running that MES from a PID system?

 



 

 

 

Sure am

post #4 of 17

do you think it works better then the original equipment?

 

I was wondering with a PID the element is either on or off, I feel like when you set the original temp controller on a certain temp specifically a lower temp that it does not use all of the wattage to heat up,,like I never see the element actually heat up.

So I was wondering if it would be connected to a PID and when it called for heat if the element would heat up hotter which might mean smoke at a lower temperature,

 

I also hear the down fall with PID type controllers are over shoots when the controller calls for 1st heat up or a big recovery.

can you give me an idea on your take on how it preforms set up this way?

 

Sorry I am not an electrician, I hope I was able to convey my thoughts well enough for you to understand what I am asking...LOL

post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 

 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Casino View Post

do you think it works better then the original equipment?

 

I was wondering with a PID the element is either on or off, I feel like when you set the original temp controller on a certain temp specifically a lower temp that it does not use all of the wattage to heat up,,like I never see the element actually heat up.

So I was wondering if it would be connected to a PID and when it called for heat if the element would heat up hotter which might mean smoke at a lower temperature,

 

I also hear the down fall with PID type controllers are over shoots when the controller calls for 1st heat up or a big recovery.

can you give me an idea on your take on how it preforms set up this way?

 

Sorry I am not an electrician, I hope I was able to convey my thoughts well enough for you to understand what I am asking...LOL



Really not sure on the smoke at lower temps but as far as the second part of your question, my feeling is this, the OEM equipment would over shoot by a bunch also, big recovery I don't notice that, but as far the temp...  You set it and its like plus or minus 1 or two degress

 

post #6 of 17

yeah I hear they keep a much better consistant temperature, I am eventually going to build a natural gas smoker and I am going to control it with a PID with a  ramp feature.

 

Thanks for answering my questions

 

post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 

 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Casino View Post

yeah I hear they keep a much better consistant temperature, I am eventually going to build a natural gas smoker and I am going to control it with a PID with a  ramp feature.

 

Thanks for answering my questions

 



What kind of valve are you going to use?

 

 

post #8 of 17

I was thinking of using a 24v gas valve you would find on your natural gas furnace, and with elctronic igniton, or what they call an intermitten pilot

 

post #9 of 17

Getting back to the sticks, they look great so far!

post #10 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Getting back to the sticks, they look great so far!



Thanks

post #11 of 17

I agree with Al - Sticks are looking good so far

post #12 of 17

Looking good so far. They should be done by now. Got any QVeiw?

post #13 of 17

popcorn.gif

 

 

Joe

post #14 of 17

Looks good 

post #15 of 17

Looks-Great.gif

post #16 of 17

finish pics yet????

post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 

Tell you the truth my neighbor hit my coax cable for the internet just as I was to take them off and the wife was bit*hin about no internet so again they got to done and started to cook the fat out of them.  Not real pleased the way they turned out. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › snack sticks went in at 10:00 CST with Q view