Well, I gave it another shot last night. I'm pretty sure the 732 was working MOST of the time, but there's definitely a problem with the probe. At one point it jumped from 227 down to 217, then immediately went back up and started climbing to 280, while the dome temp barely moved and showed about 190. The mav and dome temps were pretty consistently about 30 degrees apart (the dome showing lower) up until that point, and then somehow they both went wacky and the dome temp dropped 10-15 and the maverick skyrocketed.
I know I probably shouldn't be using the thermapen for this, but I stuck it in the vent for a minute to get a reading and decided to trust it more than the others; and it was smack dab in the middle at 240. eventually the dome temp started registering a number that made that 240 believable so I decided to go with that... then out of nowhere the maverick jumped down from 280 to 240. From that point on (only an hour or so into the cook), the maverick seemed to be reading correctly...but man, that could have gone bad again if it wasn't for the thermapen!
Ribs came out perfect though, everyone loved em :) Hopefully the more practice I get the less I will have to rely on gadgets- or at least the better I'll be at knowing when they're off!