or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › venison snack stix using my new stuffer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

venison snack stix using my new stuffer

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

I made 8 lbs of snack stix using my new stuffer from Northern Tool. This is so much better than stuffing with a grinder. Very happy with my new toy !!!S__E4F1.jpg

post #2 of 11

Congrats on the new toy!

post #3 of 11

Looking good!!

 

It sure does make it easier...

 

  Craig

post #4 of 11

it is a great toy

post #5 of 11

my son just bought me a smoker for christmas. have made tons of jerky in dehydrator but am really wanting to make these snack sticks! do you have a recipe and some info to help me as i have never used a smoker before

 

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter66 View Post

my son just bought me a smoker for christmas. have made tons of jerky in dehydrator but am really wanting to make these snack sticks! do you have a recipe and some info to help me as i have never used a smoker before

 



There are many recipes for snack stix on this sight. You can also get snack stix kits that have everything you need except the meat. Go to the search section on this site and type in snack stick, you will find everything you need. If you want a kit, they are available at Bass Pro, Academy, Cabelas, etc. There are also places online to order from. Once you start smoking meat, you will be hooked.  What type of smoker did you get?

post #7 of 11

I agree once you stuff  with a grinder and then try it with a vertical stuffer there is no going back. The stuffer isn't so bad if you are just doing a small amount but when we were going 300+ lbs at a time the stuffer didn't cut it at all. Congrats on the new toy!

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdog46 View Post



There are many recipes for snack stix on this sight. You can also get snack stix kits that have everything you need except the meat. Go to the search section on this site and type in snack stick, you will find everything you need. If you want a kit, they are available at Bass Pro, Academy, Cabelas, etc. There are also places online to order from. Once you start smoking meat, you will be hooked.  What type of smoker did you get?


Here is a pic of my smoker with the snack stix I just put on today. This is 8 lbs of venison snack stix.S__23F1.jpg

 

post #9 of 11

congrats on the new stuffer.... Now you know what we been all talkin bout.... The stix were great at Als place... are they the same recipe................icon14.gif

 

joe

post #10 of 11

I mounted my stuffer on a old cutting board that raised it about 1.5". Now the sheet pan will slide under the stuffer nozzle without any clearence problems. Not to mention the stuffer is easier to control. Enjoy that stuffer!

post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boykjo View Post

congrats on the new stuffer.... Now you know what we been all talkin bout.... The stix were great at Als place... are they the same recipe................icon14.gif

 

joe



Yep - Same as what I brought to SELA.   Hi-Mt Cracked Pepper & Garlic + I add some more stuff to that. I have been happy with Hi-Mt products.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › venison snack stix using my new stuffer