or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Non-fish Seafood › Smoked black mussels pareserve
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smoked black mussels pareserve

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

in July i made cioppino and got  left smoke mussel

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/109719/my-take-on-smoked-cioppino-w-qview

i put them in a jar with vegetable oil and left it in the fridge now thy are ready they got a nice color and a great taste

my wife put it in a salad and the gang polish the plate i Rescued few to show you guys Man they are good a pinch of salt and a beer

 i will smoke more this weekend and preserve them

.

July

 

m_DSC05500.jpg

 

m_DSC05511.jpg

 

m_DSC05518.jpg

 

m_DSC05520.jpg

 

 

today

 

m_DSC06631.jpg

 

m_DSC06632.jpg

 

m_DSC06633.jpg

Thanks

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 18

Ahron, morning.... Man o man those look good.... Looks like our smoked oysters, a superb delicasy.... and it looks like shrimp in the smoker too.....

 

knock, knock, knock.... that's me at the front door.....    Dave

post #3 of 18

Awesome job!!

post #4 of 18

Whooo hoo!!

 

That is some tasty looking chow!!!

 

   Craig

post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

Ahron, morning.... Man o man those look good.... Looks like our smoked oysters, a superb delicasy.... and it looks like shrimp in the smoker too.....

 

knock, knock, knock.... that's me at the front door.....    Dave



  So where are you the foods is getting coldbiggrin.gif The shrimps were for the cioppino

 

post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBombersfan View Post

Awesome job!!



  Thanks

 

post #7 of 18

Dang Ahron, Another great recipe, those look absolutely delicious!

post #8 of 18

never heard of this,  you just smoke and put in oil?  do you keep them in the frig? what is this madness  PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif

post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpnmf View Post

Whooo hoo!!

 

That is some tasty looking chow!!!

 

   Craig



  Yes it was now i need to do another one



Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Dang Ahron, Another great recipe, those look absolutely delicious!



 You must try it. gos well with salad and beer

 

post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post

never heard of this,  you just smoke and put in oil?  do you keep them in the frig? what is this madness  PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif



  Yes you smoke the mussels you put it in a jar (sterilize) vegetable oil in to the fridge for minimum 10 weeks  the oil will get the flavor of the smoke mussels and the mussels will mellow down

 

post #11 of 18

Ahron, that is just some excellent looking food there!

 

Good luck and good smoking.

post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 

Thanks it is quick and simple

post #13 of 18

icon_cool.gif

Now that's it damn it I'm moving to be closer to you and some of that great looking food. Do you hink that I could commute from there to fla you know maybe very week or so. Do you have an extra room I'm pretty good with a knife. ???????????

 

PS. I have alot of surfboards too

post #14 of 18

Are those Australian Green Lip mussels?  That looks real good..Nice job !!!!

post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mballi3011 View Post

icon_cool.gif

Now that's it damn it I'm moving to be closer to you and some of that great looking food. Do you hink that I could commute from there to fla you know maybe very week or so. Do you have an extra room I'm pretty good with a knife. ???????????

 

PS. I have alot of surfboards too


  O Yes you are more then welcome  i got a extra room. how good are you with a knife ?biggrin.gif


 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

Are those Australian Green Lip mussels?  That looks real good..Nice job !!!!



    Thanks no the mussels are rook mussels from south africa

 

post #16 of 18

I would like them.

 

Nice

 

 

post #17 of 18

those look amazing. have you ever added anything to the oil like garlic? i want to try some of these

post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post

I would like them.

 

Nice

 

 



Thanks Rick



Quote:
Originally Posted by THAT-GUY View Post

those look amazing. have you ever added anything to the oil like garlic? i want to try some of these


  Yes i did with oil with chili flavor it was good but the plain one is the best
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Non-fish Seafood
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Non-fish Seafood › Smoked black mussels pareserve