Just thought I'd share some of my recipes, with y'all.
- 1 pound dry kidney beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoona cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons of Bay seasoning
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 6cups water
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- Rinse beans, and then soak in a large pot of water and louisiana hot sauce overnight.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery in olive oil and cayenne pepper for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Rinse beans, and transfer to a large pot with 6 cups water. Stir cooked vegetables into beans. Season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, thyme, sage, parsley, and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir sausage into beans, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice. In a saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine ingredients into a large pot and put in the smoker for about 2 hours...
Laisser cuire faire son truc et laisser le bon temps rouler!