I've begun work on an Android app to record my smokes. My primary motivation is to sharpen my skill set with a real world project about a subject that interests me (*). And I'll probably want to share the results of my efforts. As such, I'd like to know what you would want in an Android phone/tablet app. Here's what I have in mind to record with each cook:
- What's being smoked.
- Weather conditions.
- General comments on preparation.
- Recipes for things like brines, rubs, sauces and so on.
- Time/temperature readings for up to 8 temperatures along with a comment for each.
- Ability to record more than one cook at a time (for those of us with more than one cooker. :D )
- Final comments about results of the cook.
Down the road I would consider adding:
- Integrate pictures (Q-view!)
- Export in some useful format such as HTML or CSV.
I'm curious what you would want/need to make this a more useful app. Please let me know.
(*) As such, I can make no guarantee that I'll actually complete this project. If something comes along that takes more of my time I might have to put it on the back burner. I also haven't decided if I will release the source though I do lean that way. If I do have to put this on the back burner, I'm pretty likely to release source if there is any interest in carrying this on.
Also note that I was concerned that this post comes pretty close to a TOS violation so I have reviewed it in advance with Jeff. We have reviewed the guidelines and he has approved this post and will monitor to insure it does not proceed from an inquiry for information to a commercial post.