or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Charcoal Smokers ›  Highly Modified Char-griller Pro with Side Fire Box
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Highly Modified Char-griller Pro with Side Fire Box - Page 2

post #21 of 31
Thread Starter 

I love this mods. Doing a a 4 LB Dudestrami and a 3.8 LB Tri Tip.

 

Chamber Temp                                  Dudestrami                                              Tri Tip

 

 

2011-12-03 16.07.34.jpg

 

 

2011-12-03 16.23.15.jpg

 

post #22 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2 BBQ View Post

Hi Tom,

 

I'm a new kid on the block and I dig the mods you did here a lot.  I have 2 similar Char Broiler BBQ's that I intend to mod and this looks like one path I can take for sure. 

 

I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind me asking.

 

Q 1:

     Do you have to use SS pipe for the Gas Burner Mod or can I just use regular Black Steel pipe that I get at any local hardware store like Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, Orchard etc etc?    Black Pipe from Lowes

 

Q 2:

     Where do you get the Ceramic Tiles and how much are they $? I got then from The BBQ Station in Orlando, I needed two boxes I think they were around $18 a box.

 

 

Q 3:

     Same as Q 2 but for regarding the Fire Brick? I got them from a block supply yard, A1 Block in Orlando for $1.98 a brick. Home Depot has them but they want $4 a brick

 

Thank you,

 

N2 BBQ

 

 



 

post #23 of 31

Thanks Tom

post #24 of 31

Great MODS.....! You should sell pre made kits... Hapy, Smoking, Smokin - K

post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin - K View Post

Great MODS.....! You should sell pre made kits... Hapy, Smoking, Smokin - K



Tom Maybe we should start a mSmoker mod business in CFLA.

post #26 of 31

Very Very impressive !  You knocked that one out of the park !

post #27 of 31

I have a question about the modifications to the chargriller. I have one and i havent purchased a side fire box yet. my question is would most of the modifications affect the use of the chargriller when being used as a grill instead of smoking? i use mine for both and i am thinking about closing the gap with the stove rope, and maybe put grill bricks in the bottome and extending the smoke pipe. Let me know your thoughts.

post #28 of 31
All the mods will help.
if you use it either way.
post #29 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesh529 View Post

I have a question about the modifications to the chargriller. I have one and i havent purchased a side fire box yet. my question is would most of the modifications affect the use of the chargriller when being used as a grill instead of smoking? i use mine for both and i am thinking about closing the gap with the stove rope, and maybe put grill bricks in the bottome and extending the smoke pipe. Let me know your thoughts.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod62 View Post

All the mods will help.
if you use it either way.

I agreed with jrod.

 


 

 

post #30 of 31

What size holes did u drill and what was the spacing between them?

post #31 of 31
This is an awesome rig! Great job, and thanks for the ideas and helpful pics. I am in the process of purchasing my first grill/smoker and am researching some of the mods I would like to do to it and it's not even loaded in my shopping cart, yet. biggrin.gif

In reply to an earlier post:
Amazon.com has the bricks for those of us not local to the Florida area. yahoo.gif

Grillpro bricks: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FYAJ7I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Firebrick: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H7UGU0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A2YLYLTN75J8LR

-Dez
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Charcoal Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Charcoal Smokers ›  Highly Modified Char-griller Pro with Side Fire Box