looks like a great meal
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBriskettagged by System, 11/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Today is Brisket and Fresh Hot Italian Sausage Day (Q-view) - Page 2post #21 of 2512/1/11 at 1:49am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 2512/2/11 at 5:25ampost #23 of 2512/2/11 at 3:51pm
Cold smoking is done at very low temps 160F or below often used for cured sausage and bacons. Hot smoke is your traditional at or above 200 F and you should have the fresh sausage at or above 140F in 4hrs or less. Finish temp on the sausage should be if I remember correctly 160-165 F. internal. I suggest you go to the sausage forum to confirm these temps.post #24 of 2512/3/11 at 5:16am
Quote:Originally Posted by Big Bad Rog
Thanks for the support guys! All the food is done and it was delicious
I checked the sausage at 165. I wanted to cook it more - I like my sausage more well done.
I checked again at 175 and decided to let it go to 185.
Pulled at 185. The casing was to my liking but the meat was a little overcooked to my taste,
Next time I'm going to pull at 175.
Not only did I like it, but my wife did too. That's good news for a few reasons, which I'm sure you can all understand.
Now onto some leftover pecan pie for dessert.
That looks great. I have a question on checking the temp on the sausage. Don't you lose alot of the juices by peircing the skin? Also, what kind of wood did you use?
post #25 of 2512/8/11 at 7:06pmThread Starter
- Today is Brisket and Fresh Hot Italian Sausage Day (Q-view)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Where to buy 'A' style clip for temperature probe? 43 minutes ago
- › Newbie 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Just Ordered Kashimiri Red Chili Powder for Color... 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Any tips for cooking a meatloaf in an electric smoker? 3 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Mailbox mod question 4 hours ago
- › Moisture. Olive Oil & all things that don't want moisture 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › virginia brand vidalia onion vinaigrette what do you use it for? 4 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt instructions 4 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Smoke ring mystery solved 4 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Newb looking at smokers, could use some help 5 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ