looks like a great meal
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBriskettagged by System, 11/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Today is Brisket and Fresh Hot Italian Sausage Day (Q-view) - Page 2post #21 of 2512/1/11 at 1:49am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 2512/2/11 at 5:25ampost #23 of 2512/2/11 at 3:51pm
Cold smoking is done at very low temps 160F or below often used for cured sausage and bacons. Hot smoke is your traditional at or above 200 F and you should have the fresh sausage at or above 140F in 4hrs or less. Finish temp on the sausage should be if I remember correctly 160-165 F. internal. I suggest you go to the sausage forum to confirm these temps.post #24 of 2512/3/11 at 5:16am
Quote:Originally Posted by Big Bad Rog
Thanks for the support guys! All the food is done and it was delicious
I checked the sausage at 165. I wanted to cook it more - I like my sausage more well done.
I checked again at 175 and decided to let it go to 185.
Pulled at 185. The casing was to my liking but the meat was a little overcooked to my taste,
Next time I'm going to pull at 175.
Not only did I like it, but my wife did too. That's good news for a few reasons, which I'm sure you can all understand.
Now onto some leftover pecan pie for dessert.
That looks great. I have a question on checking the temp on the sausage. Don't you lose alot of the juices by peircing the skin? Also, what kind of wood did you use?
post #25 of 2512/8/11 at 7:06pmThread Starter
- Today is Brisket and Fresh Hot Italian Sausage Day (Q-view)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Shirley Fab 9 minutes ago
- › Moved up, to Smoke Hollow 44 inch...with pictures 18 minutes ago
- › Back (Canadian) Bacon 3 Ways 19 minutes ago
- › It's bacon!! 26 minutes ago
- › Beer Can Moose burgers 37 minutes ago
- › Debunking Beer Can Chicken 45 minutes ago
- › Cold smkoe box for pellet grill 50 minutes ago
- › Debating the purchase 56 minutes ago
- › What happens when the brine turns the outside of the pork butt... 57 minutes ago
- › Fresh steelhead 1 hour ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona