looks like a great meal
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBriskettagged by System, 11/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
Today is Brisket and Fresh Hot Italian Sausage Day (Q-view) - Page 2post #21 of 2512/1/11 at 1:49am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 2512/2/11 at 5:25ampost #23 of 2512/2/11 at 3:51pm
Cold smoking is done at very low temps 160F or below often used for cured sausage and bacons. Hot smoke is your traditional at or above 200 F and you should have the fresh sausage at or above 140F in 4hrs or less. Finish temp on the sausage should be if I remember correctly 160-165 F. internal. I suggest you go to the sausage forum to confirm these temps.post #24 of 2512/3/11 at 5:16am
Quote:Originally Posted by Big Bad Rog
Thanks for the support guys! All the food is done and it was delicious
I checked the sausage at 165. I wanted to cook it more - I like my sausage more well done.
I checked again at 175 and decided to let it go to 185.
Pulled at 185. The casing was to my liking but the meat was a little overcooked to my taste,
Next time I'm going to pull at 175.
Not only did I like it, but my wife did too. That's good news for a few reasons, which I'm sure you can all understand.
Now onto some leftover pecan pie for dessert.
That looks great. I have a question on checking the temp on the sausage. Don't you lose alot of the juices by peircing the skin? Also, what kind of wood did you use?
post #25 of 2512/8/11 at 7:06pmThread Starter
- Today is Brisket and Fresh Hot Italian Sausage Day (Q-view)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Third starts a charm! 39 seconds ago
- › First Sausage in my MES30 6 minutes ago
- › Smokin Wedgie vs Amazin tube smoker accessory 13 minutes ago
- › Aging Pork 23 minutes ago
- › Recipe modification help 36 minutes ago
- › The WiFi Anova Drummie cook 39 minutes ago
- › Australian Brisket - with Q-View! 39 minutes ago
- › Thai Jerky 54 minutes ago
- › Eye of Round Thai Jerky 56 minutes ago
- › Welcome TO SV 56 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot