My wife and I are having a get together to celebrate my brother and I's birthdays. He loves my brisket and I love to smoke so it's a win win situation. But, I have only done pre-trimmed flats for slicing. I am considering doing a packer but I have questions. I have searched through a lot of threads on here but I can't find the answers. So why not ask a fresh audience!
My questions are as follows:
1. Should I separate the flat and point prior to smoking?
2. What kinda time am I looking at? Does a 13 - 15lb packer take 26 to 30 hours to cook???
3. I have never made burnt ends and need some advise on that.....(Al your help comes in here from what I've read)
4. How many will one packer feed on slices alone?
5. Should I probe the flat or the point to monitor internal temps?
Thanks in advance guys!