OK, so I'm going to be trying my first packer this weekend. I've only done a flat until now. But I really want to try my hand at burnt ends. Also, I'm thinking about separating the flat and the point prior to smoking due to space concerns in the smoker. Here are a few questions I need to hammer out before the weekend...
- If I separate prior to smoking, when I foil the flat, do I foil the point as well? Or do I not foil the point? I think I'm getting confused by all the conflicting info I've been finding about the point.
- At what internal do I need to foil? Is it different for point and flat
- Do I need to take it over 200 to break down all the connective tissues? (I'm mainly a pork guy)
- Once I cube the point, and throw some sauce on the cubes, how much longer should I smoke them?
- I was shooting for a smoker temp of 225-235, is this about right?
Thanks y'all. I just like to get all my questions answered before starting a new big project like this. Don't worry, I'll have plenty of q-view.