Yesterday, I finally unboxed and assembled it.
My oldest unit was finally retired and given to my brother to use.
So, why did I purchased (3) of these?
For $299 the MES 40 is a "Good Value"
- Cost to purchase is reasonable
- Cost per hour to operate is cheap
Masterbuilt has "Good Customer Support"
- Customer service has been very responsive
- Darryl is a member of SMF, and watches the forum
The MES 40 has "Good Quality Construction"
- Digital Controller w/Remote
- 275° Heat Limit
- Wide enough for a full rack of ribs
- Good temp control
- EZ to use!
- 1200 watt element for quick recovery
I use one or two of the MES 40's, just about every day for smoking or testing one of my gadgets. Sometimes they run for 24 hours straight. It's almost 2 years since I got my first MES 40, and I can say I have well over 1,000 hours logged on them.
Sure, they have some limitations, but for $300, the MES is a "Good Value" for an electric smoker!